Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOOD TV Departures

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

WOOD TV Departures

Post by Localnewsisdead » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:57 am

WOOD TV is losing an an anchor, reporter and community affairs director as 2019 comes to a close.

Anchor Marlee Ginter is leaving her post to take an anchor position at a station in a warmer climate:

https://www.woodtv.com/news/marlee-gint ... r-8-years/

Reporter Katherine Ducharme is leaving to take a position as the weekend evening meteorologist/weather reporter at WKOW in Madison, Wisconsin.

Here is her announcement:

I am very happy to share I will be joining the WKOW 27 Storm Track team in Madison, Wisconsin!

I've accepted a position as the Weekend Evening Meteorologist(Forecaster)/Weather Reporter. I've always loved weather, and can't believe I finally get to focus on my passion!

I learned a lot during my time here in West Michigan. I will miss the talented people I get to call my coworkers and thank them for their friendship.

Thank you West Michigan for letting me tell your stories, and for welcoming me into your home weekday mornings for the last 3 years.

My last day at WOOD TV will be January 1st.

Long time community affairs director Eva Aguirre Cooper is leaving Channel 8 as she has taken the position of Vice President of Community Partnership for Univision.

https://www.woodtv.com/community/saying ... re-cooper/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WOOD TV Departures

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Marlee was a very capable anchor. WOOD has a short bench in that realm. I hope they don't go "el cheapo" by simply expanding Susan Shaw's hours.

Eva Aguirre Cooper did a terrific job with community relations, but the woman has zero gravitas when appearing on camera. She is robotic. Perhaps she's more at ease off camera. Will be interesting to see who is hired to succeed her.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Marlee was a very capable anchor. WOOD has a short bench in that realm. I hope they don't go "el cheapo" by simply expanding Susan Shaw's hours.

Eva Aguirre Cooper did a terrific job with community relations, but the woman has zero gravitas when appearing on camera. She is robotic. Perhaps she's more at ease off camera. Will be interesting to see who is hired to succeed her.
Marlee is a good anchor and is a loss for 8 for sure. I was led to believe that Susan Shaw wanted no part of nights, so I would not expect that to happen.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Marlee was a pretty good anchor I wonder who will take over the 7PM newscast. All the best to Marlee wherever she is going.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:07 pm

I have a Katherine Ducharme story. I was covering the Glenna Duram trial in Newaygo County for WGLM Radio in Greenville and Great Lakes News Service. Katherine was there for WOOD TV. She's a super person and was a delight to get to know. After Glenna was sentenced, we got the quotes we needed from the family and the prosecutor. As we started packing up, a couple of older male deputies came over and asked to have their picture taken with Katherine. Katherine was very nice and obliged their requests.

I have a suspicion that she will pop up on a network sooner rather than later.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic