Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOOD TV Repeater in Muskegon on Channel 46, Any Reception Issues

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
CSlovinski

WOOD TV Repeater in Muskegon on Channel 46, Any Reception Issues

Post by CSlovinski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:57 pm

I live about 4 miles to the west of the WOOD TV repeater on channel 46 in Muskegon and for the last week I have received no signal on that channel. I have a roof mounted antenna and for the last two year have not had any issue receiving this signal. I know it is not a problem with the antenna as I still receive WXMI from their Muskegon repeater and WZZM from Grant. Has anyone else been having issues with channel 46? I reached out to WOOD TV with no response. Thank you for the feedback.

CSlovinski

Re: WOOD TV Repeater in Muskegon on Channel 46, Any Reception Issues

Post by CSlovinski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm

I got this information from WOOD-TV. WOOD TV Channel 46 in Muskegon will be going off the air due to the FCC Repack and will moving to a different frequency in the next two months so if you use an antenna to watch TV for free, you might have to rescan your television set after March 2019 to continue receiving WOOD programming. Cable and satellite viewers are not affected. We are working to return WOOD TV in Muskegon to air as soon as possible. Looking at the FCC Database it looks like they are moving to channel 34.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Is the parent station (RF channel 7) receivable in your area? Just curious. With a rooftop antenna in proper condition, you should be able to receive all the Gun Lake area stations unless you have some rugged terrain nearby blocking the signal.

CSlovinski

Post by CSlovinski » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm

I can receive them from Gun Lake but not consistently. There is a lot of big oak trees in the area which I think cause an issue. Prior to the DTV transition I could get WOOD and WXMI from Gun Lake, WWMT most of the time and rarely WOTV, now sometimes I get WOOD. According to the FCC Contour maps WWMT doesnt even reach Muskegon and they dont have a repeater. Everyone else including WWTV gets close or right on the edge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic