All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Looks like the Orbit Room is finally toast; share your memories here!

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
TC Talks

Re: Looks like the Orbit Room is finally toast; share your memories here!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm

To us recently old fucks... That's the Eastbrook Theater.

Toad the Wet Sprocket
Fog Hat
Kitchens of Distinction
and other bigger names which escape me these days.

Anyone remember the Reptile House?

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:39 pm

I saw Jackyl there. That night, Jesse James Dupree carved the word "Orbit" into the top of a wooden stool during "The Lumberjack."

I also saw Mustard Plug open for Weird Al Yankovic there.

Prior to Orbit Room, it was Club Eastbrook. Prior to that, it was a movie theater.

Southpaws can be heard on KCEI-FM 90.1 in Taos, NM, KZGM-FM 88.1 in Cabool, MO, & is syndicated by Pacifica Radio and Global Community Radio Channel 1. Links to our podcast can be found weekly at www.facebook.com/southpawsradioshow.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
Anyone remember the Reptile House?
I never went there, but I certainly do remember it. Didn't they have a water main break that flooded the place?

Southpaws can be heard on KCEI-FM 90.1 in Taos, NM, KZGM-FM 88.1 in Cabool, MO, & is syndicated by Pacifica Radio and Global Community Radio Channel 1. Links to our podcast can be found weekly at www.facebook.com/southpawsradioshow.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:47 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:20 am
Village Inn (laser disc karaoke), Mr. Fables...
The Village Inn on 44th Street is still there. Unfortunately, Mr. Fable's is long gone. I could go for a Mr. Fab and onion rings right now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:05 pm

I saw a lot of artists/bands there through the years; April Wine, Tragically Hip, Brother Cane, Megadeth, Saliva, Tesla, Dokken, Mr. Big, Jackyl, Jeff Healey band, Badfinger, Frank Marino, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Cult, White Zombie, Sass Jordan, Chevelle, to name a few.
White Zombie!!!! Another show I would've loved to have seen there!!!

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic