Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Real Time DX Log

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Arthur Mometer

Real Time DX Log

Post by Arthur Mometer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Just heard WGVU 1480 playing "Sugar Town" by Nancy Sinatra. Confirmed ID by Listen Live.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

format this

Re: Real Time DX Log

Post by format this » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:15 am

Arthur Mometer wrote:Just heard WGVU 1480 playing "Sugar Town" by Nancy Sinatra. Confirmed ID by Listen Live.
Location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:00 am

Macomb County, MI.

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

format this

Post by format this » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

Arthur Mometer wrote:Macomb County, MI.
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm

That's a terrific catch, Arthur!

Makes sense that you caught WGVU during critical hours.

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:07 pm

It was on a GE SuperRadio II Barefoot. Every day, about 4:00 PM or so, I start at the upper limit of the unmodified radio. The first one I have encountered the last few days is WSJP 1640 in Sussex, WI. I look for clear signals when I go by. When I find a format, I look through a list by format. If I can, I listen live to possible stations. On the GE SR II, I can null out stations like I did with WSDS to get WGVU. I don't spend a lot of time on channels that sound like GY Channels. Like always, on the analog, actual GY Channels are good markers, as are strong locals. So moving down, I'll hear WLQV 1500, then GY interference on 1490, then a clear signal playing Oldies on 1480. Tentatively, I figure WGVU, then I listen live online. I ususally hear a lot of interference on 1470, sometimes WMBD will come in before SS in Peoria. I have tried many Days for WPON, but only during Day GW conditions have I heard it. Usually a mix of WBNS, WKAM, and WBRN by turning.

Tonight, I have to look up who carries Ric Edelman on 1110.I'm thinking WBT or KFAB.

WKTA 1330 was coming in tonight around 5:00 PM EST. It reduced power and changed pattern at 5:16 PM EST.

I tried a couple of times to get WNWZ 1410, but didn't hear it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic