Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

B93 Morning Host Fired

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
handbanana

B93 Morning Host Fired

Post by handbanana » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:46 pm

Matt Gilcheck has reportedly been fired as part of the iHeartRadio Spring Cleaning.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: B93 Morning Host Fired

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:43 pm

Although I was never a big fan of his work as a morning drive host - I sure as hell hope he isn't replaced by Bobby Bones.

He hasn't lived in West Michigan in a long time, for what that's worth.

Assuming B93 doesn't choose to go with a lame syndicated show in morning drive, possible replacements could include Bill Bertschinger (better known as "Broadway," most recently heard locally on 105.3 Hot FM), Rob Brandt, or the guy that co-hosts the morning show at Star 105.7.

I suppose the station could bring back Dave Conrad, but given his age, I'd say that's pretty doubtful.

Spencer Graves, who tracks mornings for classic rock 106.7 Fake Wheels in Detroit from the iHM country station in Birmingham, AL, could also be a candidate to succeed Matt.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

GnashManDu

Post by GnashManDu » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:04 pm

This is part of cutting salaries across the country, why do you believe they're looking to hire a replacement?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:07 pm

GnashManDu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:04 pm
This is part of cutting salaries across the country, why do you believe they're looking to hire a replacement?
Most of the replacement are remote and much more cost effective. The Country Broadway vt guy isn't also running Z93 in Traverse City is he?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Yes, "Country Broadway" is the same one currently working at Z93. He did mornings or other weekday air shifts in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Hartford, I believe, before landing there. He has extensive country radio experience and did the night show on B93 for a number of years.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm

He just arrived and Midwest is much more stable than iHeart. I doubt he could do better in GR

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:11 pm
Yes, "Country Broadway" is the same one currently working at Z93. He did mornings or other weekday air shifts in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Hartford, I believe, before landing there. He has extensive country radio experience and did the night show on B93 for a number of years.
This Broadway just left Pittsburgh last week...
Host Jerry Broadway relocated to Pittsburgh last April with WDSY becoming the flagship station for the show. At some point in January, Broadway began hosting a Pittsburgh specific show sans he syndicated co-hosts before disappearing from the station. The last reference to him on the station was a Facebook post on January 24 noting that he was “out sick”.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 am

From what I have read IHeart is concentrating this on their country stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic