Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Get ready for more awful morning radio...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Get ready for more awful morning radio...

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:43 pm

101.3 The Brew has picked up Rover's Morning Glory from WMMS.

You have to be a total imbecile to even stomach that steaming pile of shit of a radio show.

Recall that CBS once hired Rover to replace Howard Stern in Detroit, Chicago and elsewhere. It was an epic failure.

Rover has failed twice in Columbus and also earned terrible ratings in Dayton.

His arrival is great news for LAV and FGR.

audiophile

Re: Get ready for more awful morning radio...

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 pm

What else is new. Calling a station "The Brew" in GR is dumb idea from the get go.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

As I believe Sage once (correctly) pointed out - the "beer" scene in G.R. is centered on fairly upscale microbreweries, not the beer tent crowd that 101.3's type of music appeals to.

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against beer tents! :hat

The moniker would've been a better fit for a station with an eclectic or progressive playlist, not a station whose audience is overwhelmingly blue collar.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:03 pm

"more awful morning radio"

Is there any other kind anymore? Except for maybe a few dozen decent stations in the US, most is awful day and night!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 pm

:blink LOL...

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 pm

:blink LOL...

RedRamage

Post by RedRamage » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:As I believe Sage once (correctly) pointed out - the "beer" scene in G.R. is centered on fairly upscale microbreweries, not the beer tent crowd that 101.3's type of music appeals to.

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against beer tents! :hat

The moniker would've been a better fit for a station with an eclectic or progressive playlist, not a station whose audience is overwhelmingly blue collar.
I dunno... I tend to think that even the blue collar beer drinker still takes some pride in the name. I mean, I'm not a beer drinker at all and I still think it's kinda cool that GR is called the Beer City.

Now, having said that I think a stations names is honestly pretty low on listeners decision to tune in or not. I can't imagine anyone saying: "Oh... 'The Brew'... well, I'm a microbrew drinker... that must mean this stations is geared specifically to me!"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:06 am

Is anyone listening to the Rover morning show on 101.3? Doesn't look like it!!!

Will be laughing my ass off later this year when this station (yet again) falls below a 2 share.

tc

Post by tc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Is anyone listening to the Rover morning show on 101.3? Doesn't look like it!!!

Will be laughing my ass off later this year when this station (yet again) falls below a 2 share.
Really? You'll be "laughing your ass off"? I couldn't imagine laughing my ass off if whatever business you are in did poorly. Have you been hanging out with Starky, you know, the guy that got fired and can't move on?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Let me clear - I won't be laughing at the folks uninvolved in this decision whose livelihoods might be negatively affected by iFart's horrible decision making.

What I meant to say is that I'll be laughing at the dumbasses who made this awful programming decision who for some inexplicable reason thought it was a wise move.

I wonder if Casey (who sits in Detroit, not GR) used to work at WMMS in Cleveland. I know he once programmed WEBN in Cincinnati (and didn't do a very good job while he was there). The morning show and 101.3's playlist could not possibly be a bigger mismatch.

The PM talk show host from WMMS, Alan Cox, handles mornings for the station Casey programs in Detroit. However, unlike the present WBFX situation, the morning show on the Detroit station (106.7 The D) is very music intensive.

I'm wondering what morning drive programming move is the dumbest out of these four:
-Opie & Anthony at WKLQ (had trouble getting to a 2 share in Men 18+ on a hard rock station)
-Kidd Kraddick on WLHT (the station's ratings skyrocketed as soon as his lame ass was canceled)
-Rover's Morning Glory on WBFX
-Dave & Geri on 105.3 Hot FM

It's a tough call.

Deleted User 12201

Post by Deleted User 12201 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 am

I thought the station had something when it was heading in a Mainstream Rock direction, and then they messed it up by throwing in oddball Alt tracks... and then by blowing it all up again and going back to well-toasted classic rock. This crap just continues the descent...
MWmetalhead wrote:Is anyone listening to the Rover morning show on 101.3? Doesn't look like it!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm

I would like to revisit my post from February 18, 2017. :)

Of those four AWFUL morning radio programming decisions, I'd say the worst of the bunch is putting Opie & Anthony on WKLQ.

Putting Rover on WBFX is a very close second place.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:05 pm

It's kind of odd that a bad morning show can hurt listeners in other dayparts

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:12 pm

People often stick with the station they turn on first thing in the morning.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic