All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Best HD radio subchannel in Michigan belongs to...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Best HD radio subchannel in Michigan belongs to...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 31, 2015 9:08 pm

...101.3 HD-2 in Grand Rapids.

Full Metal Jackie radio kicks ass!!!

It's a thousand times better than the lame nighttime show she hosts for Clownsquare, which plays exactly the same music that GRD already spins to death during the daytime.

Listen online here:
http://www.iheart.com/live/full-metal-jackie-6225/

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

Arthur Mometer

Re: Best HD radio subchannel in Michigan belongs to...

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Since CKWW has become even more committed to obscure CanCon, I have been looking for alternatives. I discovered by accident that we have a car with HD Radio. It had to be enabled in a menu to be used. I liked 60s on 6, but there are too many features that don't capture the essence of radio in the 1960s in Michigan. The best I have heard is WCSX HD-2 as far as a playlist. WOMC HD-2 has newer music than WCSX HD-2. They are too classic rock focused, as opposed to Top 40. I've also tried the WIXY Cleveland recreation site, but it is too Cleveland focused. No station, satellite feed, or website captures and recreates the total experience of radio in Michigan in the 1960s though, with an accurate playlist, DJ presentation style, and station jingles. The websites that capture Top 40 1960s Chicago radio do a better job for Chicago listeners. Those were H*** in Western Michigan also. CKWW has some Michigan jingles, but the obscure CanCon leaves it unconvincing and wanting. Why doesn't a WLAV HD-2 or a WGRD HD-2 do a 60s West Michigan Top 40 recreation?

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic