All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

WWMT's National Exposure

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
JackAttack FM

WWMT's National Exposure

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon May 11, 2015 10:46 am

I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned that channel 3 has been used as the local station on the CBS TV series Battle Creek.

radioone

Re: WWMT's National Exposure

Post by radioone » Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Well written scripts/plots. Sorry it is being canceled!

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon May 11, 2015 1:00 pm

radioone wrote:Well written scripts/plots. Sorry it is being canceled!
Yeah, that's shitty. I was just getting into it and enjoying it. 10pm Sunday was a bad spot for it... too many other big shows to compete with

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 11, 2015 3:58 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
radioone wrote:Well written scripts/plots. Sorry it is being canceled!
Yeah, that's shitty. I was just getting into it and enjoying it. 10pm Sunday was a bad spot for it... too many other big shows to compete with
Oddly enough, it may have been too smart a program for that time slot. If you look at the CBS lineup on Sundays, everything is arguably pretty high bandwidth material. Not much chewing gum for four hours takes a toll on the typical viewer.

The other thing is I suspect each of those episodes were north of $1M a pop to produce. Granted it's a pretty expensive neighborhood. Except for 60 Minutes, the network run rate is right up there on Sundays. NFL ($$$$$$), Madam Secretary (probably pushing close to $1M a show), and The Good Wife (I suspect somewhere between $1.5-$2M), so you better be pulling some really good numbers to pay the rent.

Too bad, it was a good effort.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic