All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Mayweather WOOD

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
soapshooter

Mayweather WOOD

Post by soapshooter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:32 pm

OKay we all know that all three stations are going to be sending someone out to the Mayweather/ Pacquiao fight. But 8 seems to be going in depth with this. The question is... will they or any of the locals presenr any hard hitting questions or this be all nothing but flowers and fluff and stuff pieces?? Thoughts??

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Mayweather WOOD

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 am

Their noses will be somewhere between burnt sienna and burnt umber on your Pantone chip chart...

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:01 pm

long time boxing fan and i have been saying the rosary 10x a day to see mayweather's ass kicked all over that ring. he's been a terrible "number 1 guy" for boxing. this fight is 5-7 years past due

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 pm

andymuskegon wrote:long time boxing fan and i have been saying the rosary 10x a day to see mayweather's ass kicked all over that ring. he's been a terrible "number 1 guy" for boxing. this fight is 5-7 years past due
Damn straight Andy

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I'll give an "AMEN" to that, Andy! I'm right there with ya.

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Worth mentioning, Deadspin has been putting out some outstanding work on the fight. Not surprisingly getting credentials for coverage by those writers have been scarce. No shrimp cocktails for pointing out the truth.

soapshooter

Post by soapshooter » Sat May 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Now comes yhe yanking of credentials with 2 ESPN reporters, plus another one, all three have been critical of the Mayweather with domestic violenc. None of our local guys would even care to think of going after him on that front. Especially with WZZM having the only African-American Sports Director, they wouldn't dare rock the boat. But they call themselves hard hitting journalist in a bunch of their promos. it's all fluff and stuff all the time!!

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Did anyone go West for the fight beyond Doles? WZZM's Jamal Spencer stayed here to spell Alan Trammell's name wrong in a package I saw this morning. He's (Tram's) only been around about 35-40 years on the sports scene.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic