All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Mark Waters

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
ENG

Mark Waters

Post by ENG » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 am

Just came across this in the Muskegon obits. Waters, Mark L. 8/28/1960 - 4/21/2015 Ann Arbor, Michigan Mark L. Waters, son of County Clerk Nancy A. Waters, and Attorney James L. Waters, passed away Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 in Ann Arbor where he lived. Memorial Services will be announced at a later date.

Nancy was the original licensee of WCXT, now WHTS 105.3. As I recall, Mark did air shifts on the former WCXT in its early days.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Mark Waters

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 am

He was on 105.3 just about up to the time where it was sold to Citadel. He was on the air there for years.

This is sad news. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Milk

Post by Milk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 am

IIRC Mark left his radio career to become a missionary. I Googled his name, and there's a picture of him with some of the children he worked with:

From his LinkedIn page:

I have been on mission trips to Kenya,Uganda,Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Haiti. I have also traveled throughout Europe, China and India. Seeing things from those perspectives, makes me want to help others in the world, but especially here in America.

Truly a man who gave himself to to others. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:00 am

:D
I worked at nancy's station for a while. I always liked mark, he loved to play golf. He was truly a nice fellow.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:39 pm

He was on the air until it became 'The WHIP', a complete fiasco for all involved. I don't think he came back after they pulled the LMA and went automation before it sold and went to Coopersville.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic