All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Grand Rapids - Nielsen Audio - Winter '15 book

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Grand Rapids - Nielsen Audio - Winter '15 book

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:14 am

Age 12+ commercial results can be found here:

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb127

Highlights:
-Top 3 spots belong to B93, WGRD, and Newsradio WOOD, respectively. WOOD had its strongest 12+ showing in quite some time.
-Biggest gainer is 105.3 Hot FM, which now trails SNX by less than a point. I bet SNX's night numbers are down and HOT's are up (despite using a satellite show from the west coast).
-WLAV and WFGR also posted nice gains, some of which has come at the expense of 101.3 The Brew.
-The Brew had its worst book in recent memory. Listeners apparently prefer WLAV's super moldy version of Classic Rock. I cannot stomach LAV for any length of time. As of late, the station appears to be going older with its music, and it seems to be working.
-River is showing signs of life, cracking a 3 share for the first time in ages.
-Star and WLHT are deadlocked in 12+ for the second book in a row.

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

phillyb

Re: Grand Rapids - Nielsen Audio - Winter '15 book

Post by phillyb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:52 pm

WLAV has a bigger playlist, meaning more variety and less repetition than the Brew.

The Brew is stuck with a very limited playlist, and almost everything they play is super-burned-out. I can't listen to 101.3 for any length of time, I've just heard their songs way too many times. At least LAV will throw in something I haven't heard in a while from time to time.

101.3 also has some of the most fatiguing, distorted audio processing on the FM band--they're pushing their processor(s) way too hard.

CrazyCool

Post by CrazyCool » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm supprised Trash FM didnt drop off the face of the earth ratings wise. With the god awful morning show and the afternoon DJ sucking balls.
I do enjoy Kim St. James, she's been there the longest and she is easy to listen to. The night show, I do listen to that. Nash did a fairly good job with that. I did like when they had CMT Cody Allan on there.

Good thing there is corporate radio. Who ever loves corporate radio stand up (you better be sitting your @$$ down)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:38 pm

"America's Morning Show" is indeed awful. Including "America" in the name ought to be an act of treason; the show is truly THAT bad.

BTW, I thought it was called Rash-FM. :blink

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

48125er

Post by 48125er » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:33 pm

i have to agree that 101.3s playlist sucks, all they play is butt rock now and throw a few tom petty tracks and some mid 90s green day.,

im thinking of taking that off my presets, 94.5 has been off of them for 8 months or so, thinking of taking 96.9 off, ive gotten really bored of them too.

i think flipping to more gold was a good thing for 100.5 i listen to it much more now, ive noticed their reception is better east also, before it would barely come in Greenville, but now ive heard it In Ionia well.

and today im still wondering why WJRW still exists.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 am

One Word - BORING. With a couple of minor exceptions, you could have told me this ratings book was from 10 years ago and I would have believed it. Radio in this town is totally bland saccharine. No change in ratings much, nothing really captivating or interesting or new anywhere on the dial. Every station in GR is just playing Defense and as cheaply as possible. They are ok with that too because no one will spend the money or really do it right. WLHT is really the only thing that comes to mind lately that's even made an attempt (They had because of W-Lite's failures) to even do much of anything, and even that is still corporate. These 12+ numbers are never going to change much as long as the "Big 3" own everything.

Enjoy the train ride boys, because eventually the next stop will have no one at it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic