All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Why WWMT-TV David Bailey Is Leaving

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
SixPlusOne

Why WWMT-TV David Bailey Is Leaving

Post by SixPlusOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Courtesy: MLive

Why WWMT-TV Investigative Reporter David Bailey Is Leaving Newschannel 3

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/gran ... _repo.html

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Why WWMT-TV David Bailey Is Leaving

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:Courtesy: MLive

Based on that photo alone I'd say good riddance. How much heat can you apply to a public figure if you're appearing like golfing buddies in pictures?
David Gregory and Karl Rove anyone?

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:

Based on that photo alone I'd say good riddance. How much heat can you apply to a public figure if you're appearing like golfing buddies in pictures?
Really, that was taken for his twitter picture.

David will be missed, guess he wanted more money which he should of been given.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:51 pm

uncleducky wrote:

Really, that was taken for his twitter picture.
I guess I'm not following what you're saying. Do you mean it's an OK kind of image to have out there because it's on Twitter and not a station sanctioned outlet or that it's a dumb picture to have been put up on Twitter in the first place?

DavidBailey

Post by DavidBailey » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 am

Lester... I don't blame you for feeling that way about my picture but it needs some context.

First, Governor Snyder was giving these autographed rocks out to all the media members across the state. It was just a fun thing. You can't derive any politics from that because EVERYBODY knows our roads stink.

Second, posing for the picture was a short light-hearted moment before a very "heated-at-times" town hall meeting Channel 3 hosted for this Proposal 1. He had to endure some tough questions that I helped moderate. While I respect and admire Governor Snyder, you can ask him how many very difficult questions he has to had answer from me over the years. I have done several investigations involving the state including a recent one where a state employee was in trouble. Some of the questions weren't so pretty.

I just want you to know I wasn't trying to be partial. I appreciate your point of view! :)

Biff

Post by Biff » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 am

DavidBailey wrote:<snip>

I just want you to know I wasn't trying to be partial. I appreciate your point of view! :)
Good for you David. Don't let the petty bashers bring you down. Good luck in your pursuits.

Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

DavidBailey wrote:

Lester... I don't blame you for feeling that way about my picture but it needs some context.

First, Governor Snyder was giving these autographed rocks out to all the media members across the state. It was just a fun thing. You can't derive any politics from that because EVERYBODY knows our roads stink.

Second, posing for the picture was a short light-hearted moment before a very "heated-at-times" town hall meeting Channel 3 hosted for this Proposal 1. He had to endure some tough questions that I helped moderate. While I respect and admire Governor Snyder, you can ask him how many very difficult questions he has to had answer from me over the years. I have done several investigations involving the state including a recent one where a state employee was in trouble. Some of the questions weren't so pretty.

David -

Very stand up of you to reply.
I appreciate that you grasp the optics without context can be misleading. That's why it's so important that publicly addressing these kinds of questions where we as media consumers might be left to draw our own conclusions is vital. You've done that and it's commendable.

Best of luck in future endeavors.

DavidBailey

Post by DavidBailey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:08 pm

No problem at all Lester! If you'd ever like to chat, let me know or you can message me on here.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:33 pm

DavidBailey wrote:No problem at all Lester! If you'd ever like to chat, let me know or you can message me on here.
Best of luck in wherever you do David.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic