All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

FOX 17 adds morning meteorologist

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Michigan Media

FOX 17 adds morning meteorologist

Post by Michigan Media » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Garry Frank is joining WXMI as a morning meteorologist.

The Tribune-owned Grand Rapids FOX affiliate plans on introducing Frank to viewers Thursday. He starts Friday.

“I’m really excited to get back to the Midwest,” said Frank. “I’ve spent 3 years in the desert heat and I’m ready to get back into an area with rapidly changing weather!”

Frank comes to WXMI from KYMA in Yuma, Arizona where he was chief meteorologist.
Source: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/grand-rapid ... ist/145965

MasterB

Re: FOX 17 adds morning meteorologist

Post by MasterB » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:38 pm

I thought that Kelly Smith was the new morning meteorologist. Welcome Garry Frank to West Michigan.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Yuma has got to be an absolutely miserable place to live. He'll be much happier in G.R.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:32 am

Since Fox 17 does 33 hours of live news programming a week in that time period, there's room for a few folks to be their "morning meteorologist".

CrazyCool

Post by CrazyCool » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:06 pm

I was able to watch him this morning. I like him. I think he fits in just fine.
He stumbled over a phrase, which I think was worded wrong in the prompter, but he recovered like a pro! This was a good hire.

Speaking of weather. Today was awesome!! Tomorrow more of the same. C'mon summer!!

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Totally agree. An excellent hire by 17, for a change. Much better than Shaner and on the same caliber as Mecklenberg.
What happened to that Angela Brown lady (NOT speaking of excellent hires)?
CrazyCool wrote:I was able to watch him this morning. I like him. I think he fits in just fine.
He stumbled over a phrase, which I think was worded wrong in the prompter, but he recovered like a pro! This was a good hire.

Speaking of weather. Today was awesome!! Tomorrow more of the same. C'mon summer!!

quacky

Post by quacky » Fri May 29, 2015 8:17 am

This new meterorolist on Fox 17 morning show Garry Frank has to be one of the worst hires i ever seen. This guy is a joke.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri May 29, 2015 3:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Yuma has got to be an absolutely miserable place to live. He'll be much happier in G.R.
My folks were snowbirds and lived there in the winter. Not so bad from November through March. Back in the day that's where the Cubs held spring training. Good times.

quacky

Post by quacky » Fri May 29, 2015 3:49 pm

[quote="grtvjunkie"]Totally agree. An excellent hire by 17, for a change. Much better than Shaner and on the same caliber as Mecklenberg.
What happened to that Angela Brown lady (NOT speaking of excellent hires)?

[quote="CrazyCool"]I was able to watch him this morning. I like him. I think he fits in just fine.

Speaking of weather. Today was awesome!! Tomorrow more of the same. C'mon summer!![/quote][/quote]
I have watched this new hire Frank since being there. He is horrible IMO. Stumbles over words. His presentation of the weather and repeating words and how he describes everything is really bad. Shaner was excellent. Today Frank was really bad.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Fri May 29, 2015 7:49 pm

I would have to agree with Quacky. I originally thought he was good, but in the past several weeks he has gone downhill, and fast.

There is even a post on their Facebook page that shows video of him sleeping at work. How anybody there thought posting that was funny is beyond me. I guess whoever owns that station doesn't pay attention.

Localnewsisdead

Post by Localnewsisdead » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:04 am

I don't usually watch Fox 17 in the AM but while flipping through the channels happened by them this morning and was shocked that the new meteorologist appeared drunk. I don't know if that's just how he talks or if he's really blasted. It made me uncomfortable. I changed the channel.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 am

I posted the same thing a few weeks ago. Maybe it's just on Mondays he is drunk?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42024

quacky

Post by quacky » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:35 am

One of the worse meteorologist i ever seen, strange guy.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:43 pm

he doesn't really bother me, but "uh" seems to be his favorite word. it will get old without a brush up on broadcasting.

soapshooter

Post by soapshooter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:55 pm

i've been watching for a bit, not bad, he hss his good days and bad. Young, looks like an AM kid. Wife watched him for the 1st time, she didnt care for him at all. Didn't really have a reason why, just didnt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic