All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Taste of Kalamazoo acquired by Townsquare Media

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Michigan Media

Taste of Kalamazoo acquired by Townsquare Media

Post by Michigan Media » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Taste of Kalamazoo, an annual celebration of local restaurants, beer and wine makers, is under new ownership.

On Thursday, Townsquare Media announced it acquired the three-day summer event, which draws more than 20,000 people, from Events, Inc. and festival organizer Wayne Deering.

Deering has been shopping the festival to potential buyers since 2013.

"Taste of Kalamazoo is one of downtown Kalamazoo's marquee events and 2015 will mark its 30th anniversary," a statement issued by Townsquare Media read.

Over the past 29 years, the event has offered participating restaurants, breweries and caterers a chance to give a hands-on demonstration of their craft to festival goers -- eager to taste the city's food, beer and wine.
More from MLive: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... cart_river

format this

Re: Taste of Kalamazoo acquired by Townsquare Media

Post by format this » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Townsquare needs to stop this shit and let local business people run these events.

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:06 am

format this wrote:Townsquare needs to stop this shit and let local business people run these events.
I'll admit, it is a little strange. Just about every city I'm familiar with that does a "Taste of..." is run either by a regular events company, a non-profit org or some amalgamation of both. I don't think I've ever heard of a media company taking an operational role. Sponsorships, sure but never an ownership position. Quite odd.

format this

Post by format this » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:26 am

This is the second major event they bought. They purchased Ribfest last year. It's a fricking joke. Kalamazoo is selling out to corporate radio.

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:57 am

They started to run the Kalamazoo Ribfest last year. I just hope that the Greek fest does not go this way.

format this

Post by format this » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:42 am

uncleducky wrote:They started to run the Kalamazoo Ribfest last year. I just hope that the Greek fest does not go this way.
No way Stacy would sell this event. Greekfest is her show. Not a chance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic