All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

New Fox 17 Meteorologist

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: New Fox 17 Meteorologist

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Her delivery this morning wasn't bad. It was smoother than her counterpart on channel 3. The problem is one of her weathercast maps showed high temps in the low-mid 60's over most of the area for Monday, but then the 7-day forecast graphic showed a high temp of 52 for Monday! :lol She obviously didn't do a very good job proofreading her material.

As far as the weekend morning weathercasters are concerned, I think Ellen Bacca is easily the best of the bunch.
I am not a weather person, but her forecast for Easter is a high of 61 and a rain snow mix. How in the Hell can you have a mix when it's going to be 61?
Do you understand the concept of a warm front? Let's start there.

One scenario where such a thing could happen: a particular locale lies north of a frontal boundary, a disturbance brings precip, the disturbance exits, the front lifts northward, and the locale that started the day in a cold, wet airmass finishes the day in a mild, dry airmass.

Here in Metro Detroit, we had a day last week that started in the mid 30's with snow on the ground and finished in the mid 50's to 60 degrees.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Hombre Grande

Post by Hombre Grande » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 am

The problem with Ellen Baca is I can NOT get past her voice. She sounds like Disney cartoon character. I can't even focus on the content of her forecast.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Her voice doesn't bother me.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Biff

Post by Biff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:36 pm

RE: new weather person at Fox17....

I find her pleasant and personable. She can do the funny human interest stories and the weather with equal measure. I think it's a good hire.

Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

quacky

Post by quacky » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:52 am

Agree Biff, Tracy is doing well. Good personality and stories for sure. Nicole DiDonato has Zero personality. Need a change there IMO.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic