All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

New Fox 17 Meteorologist

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
grsportsguy

New Fox 17 Meteorologist

Post by grsportsguy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 pm

http://fox17online.com/author/tracy-hinson/

Can't see this California girl sticking around long.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: New Fox 17 Meteorologist

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:08 am

Saw some video on YouTube from her old station in Salinas - Monterey.

She was rough around the edges in terms of delivery; hopefully she's improved since then.

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

CrazyCool

Post by CrazyCool » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

She looks really good!!! BUT she's not that good. She stumbles over words. She says "degrees" This morning she said "at 9am it will be 18 degrees"
WOOO I'm glad she told me it would be 18 degrees, I was thinking it could be 18 pickled pigs feet.
When I first started in radio, the PD told me. Do NOT say degrees while giving the temp. Everyone knows it will be degrees.
But I hope she will get better. She has potential

soapshooter

Post by soapshooter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Agreed, looks good, has potentia, but along way to go, and yes i'm sure she came cheap!! Watched her this morning refer to the East Side of the state as East Michigan.

Biff

Post by Biff » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm

I like her. I'm still unhappy that Mecklenberg is gone though.

Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

Freqman

Post by Freqman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:29 pm

I once had a GM tell me that anyone who says 'degrees' that is more than 6 months out of school should be fired.

At the time I thought he was joking and chuckled. He was probably right.

MichiganPhil

Post by MichiganPhil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:24 am

soapshooter wrote: Watched her this morning refer to the East Side of the state as East Michigan.
And... what's wrong with that?

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:53 am

Wish they get Kelly Smith back to weekend and just had Tracy during the week. At least Tracy more exciting and not so stiff like Kelly delivery is.

quacky

Post by quacky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Disagree uncleducky, Kelly is funny, good sense of humor, very attractive. Tracy needs better skills, she will get there. Kelly fits that morning show well. Davis is a riot.

Hombre Grande

Post by Hombre Grande » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:59 pm

I really think you are nit-picking over the degrees issue. Now if she said "degrees Fahrenheit" that would be different. It still isn't as bed as the WZZM13 people who say "(time) on the clock", as opposed to "(time) on the coffee table"?

theee

Post by theee » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:55 am

I don't know. It's pretty cool when George Thorogood's bartender says the clock on the wall say three o'clock.

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:33 pm

quacky wrote:Disagree uncleducky, Kelly is funny, good sense of humor, very attractive. Tracy needs better skills, she will get there. Kelly fits that morning show well. Davis is a riot.
Are we watching the same person. Kelly, Kelly Smith from Fox 17 she is on the week day mornings. Her deliver is boring and she stands like she is on a board and can not move. Not sure where the sense of humor is because I don't see it. Her being attractive I do agree on that.. I think that the new girl be better with the others from the weekday morning show.

format this

Post by format this » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:25 am

theee wrote:I don't know. It's pretty cool when George Thorogood's bartender says the clock on the wall say three o'clock.
Well move it on over, dude...

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:27 am

I am watching her this (Saturday) morning. She is awful, and certainly not the caliber of this city.

For those of you who are raving about her, it has to be about her looks and her looks only. She is what T.V. news has become, cheap and pretty.

I am not a weather person, but her forecast for Easter is a high of 61 and a rain snow mix. How in the Hell can you have a mix when it's going to be 61?

Sad state of affairs at 17. Thank goodness they have Nicole this morning, that's their saving grace.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:31 am

grsportsguy wrote:http://fox17online.com/author/tracy-hinson/

Can't see this California girl sticking around long.

Because she is terrible, right?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic