All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel Alert

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Lester The Nightfly

Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel Alert

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm

He's back...

The GR Press has already bit on this perpetual feel-good "news" story. Who will be next in the long line of J-School rookies sucked into this catnip of lazy reportage? Pretty much the metaphor for "I've fuckin' run out of ideas". If I had the time, inclination and enough weed to dull the senses I'd do a compilation mash-up of all the "Ain't this cute and clever" Twiggy stories produced over the years from sea to shining sea. Maybe i'm missing out on something? Perhaps there's like a secret 'Skull & Bones' club within the journalism community that requires doing a take on Twiggy for admission. Unlike the annual Harlem Globetrotters pieces that run, the Globetrotters have the option of leaving the tour if they are so inclined. Twiggy, not so much.

In any event, don't do it.

BTW - How long do squirrels live? This must be Twiggy XVI.

JackAttack FM

Re: Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel Alert

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:02 pm

But, local TV news has to live up to the parody the movie Anchorman made of it.
And the press releases from the squirrel's people come with a lot of cool stuff.

A lot of viewers loves this. Its like a celebrity coming to town.
I will guarantee there will be more viewer interest in this than the president coming to town.
Plus its the February book so you can count on coverage of Twiggy.
You mean like in "squirrel" years or regular years???

I think this is actually Twiggy XVII.
Don't forget not every generation of squirrels have the talent to water ski.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:04 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:But, local TV news has to live up to the parody the movie Anchorman made of it.
And the press releases from the squirrel's people come with a lot of cool stuff.

A lot of viewers loves this. Its like a celebrity coming to town.
I will guarantee there will be more viewer interest in this than the president coming to town.
Plus its the February book so you can count on coverage of Twiggy.
You mean like in "squirrel" years or regular years???

I think this is actually Twiggy XVII.
Don't forget not every generation of squirrels have the talent to water ski.
Correct on all counts, Jack.

There's got to be a way to get a piece of this action $$$. The boogie-board bulldog has already been done, bike ridin' bears and cats, done. Flea circus... were those even real? I would think with Letterman's imminent retirement, outlets for "Stupid 'X' tricks" will be severely compromised (well, except for local news orgs.)

Help me out here folks, I desperately need an idea for some unwitting animal act to fund a lavish lifestyle in my golden years and hey, if they can further the decline of journalism, so much the better!

theee

Post by theee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Bunnies are cuter. Just get a bunny, some skies and some super glue or a staple gun. I'd sit through 20 or so minutes of blah news to see that. Especially if the bunny was wearing cute little goggles and a too small swim suit. Maybe wearing a cape too?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 pm

theee wrote:Bunnies are cuter. Just get a bunny, some skies and some super glue or a staple gun. I'd sit through 20 or so minutes of blah news to see that. Especially if the bunny was wearing cute little goggles and a too small swim suit. Maybe wearing a cape too?
Superb !!! :D

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 am

They have to be there in case there's a mishap, the squirrel is left flailing or sinking and a rescue is required. That can turn into a series and awards submission fodder.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:08 am

Trophyhead wrote:They have to be there in case there's a mishap, the squirrel is left flailing or sinking and a rescue is required.
Like the 'death watch' pool reporters following political leaders. Now I understand.
That can turn into a series and awards submission fodder.
Can you imagine? "...and this year's Emmy for spot news goes to Troy McClure for "The Rescue of Twiggy""
Pack your bags baby, I just got a one-way ticket to network stardom!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic