All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Andy O quits?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
971DeepTracksFan

Re: Andy O quits?

Post by 971DeepTracksFan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 pm

wonderkid69 wrote:"All Muskegon" "What is Muskegon?" "What Muskegon needs!" What are people talking about? Muskegon is a shithole. Period. When was the last time any of you reading this drove to Muskegon to eat dinner? Drove to Muskegon from Grand Rapids for any special occasion? Visited their beach? This is a town that has nothing to offer but 187's and a decent high school football team. Drive downtown on any given day and you will find that you are just a handful of people in the area. How in the hell does that Holiday Inn stay in business? I would never have entertained the opportunity to try my luck with a low budget Muskegon station but then again I do not have the passion anymore that Andy O does. Be honest Andy, aren't you tired of the game yet? It must be exhausting!
Yikes. Muskegon's bad but it's not -that- bad.

Go have a US 31 Barbeque (original downtown version).

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:31 am

:razz
Very good radio 1. All LP'S are a hobby. I was in radio well over 40 years and always with good ratings and a rather long list of clients. I watched radio slowly go down the drain when corperate radio hit. LP's are bringing back local radio and thats it. I have perhaps 20 years left in my life and this whole thing is a hoot.
:D

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Well said, STARKY!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm

ith just under 11,000 residents, Muskegon may be one of the smaller cities on our list, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s safer. In fact, it is largely due to its small population that it is so dangerous.
Huh? That article pertained to Muskegon HEIGHTS. Either Wonderkid misquoted it on purpose or a correction was made after he posted the link to it.

By the way, Muskegon proper has approximately 30,000 residents (as compared to the 11,000 who reside in the Heights).

North Muskegon and Norton Shores are both very nice communities. There are plenty of recreational opportunities in the Muskegon area. Muskegon Lake is loaded with game fish. The air show and summer celebration at one time were very popular annual events; hopefully both will come back in some form or fashion some day. Michigan's Adventure is right up the road, too. Grand Haven is a short 10 or 15 minute drive away.

I'd much rather live near Muskegon than, say, Battle Creek. THAT is truly a dead city. Kalamazoo down the road (at least downtown) is pretty nice; was surprised to see that city on the top 10 crime list.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 am

Is 106.1 LP still on the air in Muskegon?

Muskegon County has lots of recreational activities year round. The city itself has an Irish, bike and Unity festival that draw well. Also the car ferry docks out of lakeside with the plus of losing the paper mill odor. Muskegon has pluses and minuses like any city, the area has the same. I can remember downtown Grand Rapids before the Amway money came in. Before the GVSU campus. I had relatives in the suburbs that bragged about how long they hadn't been downtown. People in metro Detroit used to do the same. I've never heard anyone brag about avoiding downtown Muskegon personally, though I think its city income tax is a joke.

I really disagree about Kalamazoo, lots of cheap apartments that attract students and riff raff. Crime was a constant issue when I was there.

Mr. Fix-it

Post by Mr. Fix-it » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:21 pm

WMMT-LP 106.1 licensed to Muskegon Public Schools has been off the air since the holiday school break.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic