All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Shaner out at WXMI

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
TV Guy

Re: Shaner out at WXMI

Post by TV Guy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:45 am

Ahhh...grtvjunkie. The gift that keeps on giving. First you start a new thread that gives us "your take" (oh how we have all waited breathlessly for "your" take) on the majority of on-air talent in the air. (Recap: they are all terrible according to your very brave and manly anonymous post) and then you decide to needlessly (and perhaps homophobically?) out a heterosexual married man just days later.
You are on a roll my friend! Maybe this week you complete the hat trick and toss out some racist or anti-Semitic comments?
Here is an unsolicited thought I had recently that applies to more than just our new King of the Douchebags: we now live in what may one day be referred to as the golden age of hacking. Maybe somebody decides to hack into the Buzzboard one day and then send out a list of real names and corresponding Log-in names to all the newsrooms in the area.
Question: would that make you excited, or horrified at the damage it may do to your name/career/reputation?

Mediate

Post by Mediate » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:15 pm

hey message board idiots...your assumptions about TV contracts, shift changes,exits, departures, leaving, 'on the beach' are so ridiculous...GR is a LOW top 50 market...you should never be surprised if people leave, and certainly not if they decide to stay...your ridiculous speculation on why/how, accompanied by your incredible lack of insight into the business make you seem incredibly uninformed/uninlightened...(looking at you quacky)

Blister

Post by Blister » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Thud!

(Mediate drops the mic and walks off stage)

quacky

Post by quacky » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Come on Mediate, you dont think i dont know how this business operates? LOL. No kidding, GR is a low market, really? I been watching all these local channels for many many years. Saw talent come and go. It doesnt change does it. You dont have to school me how this market operates.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:42 am

Hey TV Guy--

I am not racist, anti-Semitic, or even homophobic. Further, I don't mind a bit if this forum is hacked. I would actually love to find out who really posts on this page! I would be especially excited to find out which one of the people I mentioned is actually you.

Hell, I'll even give you my e-mail address if you want it. I'm not in the media.

This is a public forum in which I am allowed to express my opinions. If you don't like it, don't read it. I think you expressed your opinion about my being the "King of the D-Bags," right? Isn't than an opinion?

I would love to find out which T.V. person you are that got so butt-hurt. I'll trade my e-mail for yours.

TV Guy wrote:Ahhh...grtvjunkie. The gift that keeps on giving. First you start a new thread that gives us "your take" (oh how we have all waited breathlessly for "your" take) on the majority of on-air talent in the air. (Recap: they are all terrible according to your very brave and manly anonymous post) and then you decide to needlessly (and perhaps homophobically?) out a heterosexual married man just days later.
You are on a roll my friend! Maybe this week you complete the hat trick and toss out some racist or anti-Semitic comments?
Here is an unsolicited thought I had recently that applies to more than just our new King of the Douchebags: we now live in what may one day be referred to as the golden age of hacking. Maybe somebody decides to hack into the Buzzboard one day and then send out a list of real names and corresponding Log-in names to all the newsrooms in the area.
Question: would that make you excited, or horrified at the damage it may do to your name/career/reputation?

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 pm

quacky wrote:Does Kelly Smith replace Shaner on the Morning Show after Shaner leaves. She would be a good fit. Early morning hours and doing the Mix show with Towne and 1100am News pushed Shaner to leave?
I hope your kidding? she has to be the worst weather person in West Michigan!

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:17 am

She does seem very nervous, I will give you that. However, looking at her page on Facebook, she seems to score well with the old creepy guys, so there's that.
uncleducky wrote:
quacky wrote:Does Kelly Smith replace Shaner on the Morning Show after Shaner leaves. She would be a good fit. Early morning hours and doing the Mix show with Towne and 1100am News pushed Shaner to leave?
I hope your kidding? she has to be the worst weather person in West Michigan!

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 am

T.V. Guy,
I am still waiting for your e-mail address. You complained about me being "anonymous," so I offered to give you my email address in exchange for yours. I haven't heard anything yet from you.
So, where is it? Talk the talk! Let's find out who you are! You as well seem to be good at, "brave and manly anonymous posts." to quote you.
Man up. Tell us who you are.
grtvjunkie wrote:Hey TV Guy--

I am not racist, anti-Semitic, or even homophobic. Further, I don't mind a bit if this forum is hacked. I would actually love to find out who really posts on this page! I would be especially excited to find out which one of the people I mentioned is actually you.

Hell, I'll even give you my e-mail address if you want it. I'm not in the media.

This is a public forum in which I am allowed to express my opinions. If you don't like it, don't read it. I think you expressed your opinion about my being the "King of the D-Bags," right? Isn't than an opinion?

I would love to find out which T.V. person you are that got so butt-hurt. I'll trade my e-mail for yours.

TV Guy wrote:Ahhh...grtvjunkie. The gift that keeps on giving. First you start a new thread that gives us "your take" (oh how we have all waited breathlessly for "your" take) on the majority of on-air talent in the air. (Recap: they are all terrible according to your very brave and manly anonymous post) and then you decide to needlessly (and perhaps homophobically?) out a heterosexual married man just days later.

TV Guy

Post by TV Guy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:10 am

Oh junkie. Bless your heart. It hasn't entered your tiny head that someone might just be offended at what you posted on principle. You are what I hate most about this site: the lowest common denominator, expressing your insecurities via ugly anonymous postings. ("Butt hurt"? Nice, Beavis)
I am done with you. The choice to grow up and be a man is yours and yours alone.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:09 am

TV Guy,

Here is a quote from you in 2012: "But it is the cowardly person who slams anonymously. As they say, those who can't do...message board."

Isn't that what you're doing to me? I don't know you. You are slamming me "anonymously." Doesn't that make you a coward?

The offer to exchange e-mails still stands. "Bless your heart." I can't wait to find out which one of the "talent" in this city you are.

Let me know when you want to "grow up" and reveal who you really are. I'm guessing you can't do it because of your "insecurities," so as a result, you will continue to "message board." Are you afraid of the "damage it may do to your name/career/reputation?"

Complete hypocrite.
TV Guy wrote:Oh junkie. Bless your heart. It hasn't entered your tiny head that someone might just be offended at what you posted on principle. You are what I hate most about this site: the lowest common denominator, expressing your insecurities via ugly anonymous postings. ("Butt hurt"? Nice, Beavis)
I am done with you. The choice to grow up and be a man is yours and yours alone.

971DeepTracksFan

Post by 971DeepTracksFan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm

grtvjunkie wrote:Woke up to an e-mail from one of my wife's friends who said that Shaner is leaving WXMI.

I'm not a fan, but you have to wonder what is going on there with all these people leaving.
I was going to mention Jake Dunne, formerly of WLNS, but it looks like found a gig at WEYI as of January 2015. Which is good for him and good for WEYI; he got caught on the wrong side of a "numbers game" at WLNS.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:50 am

DELETED
Last edited by grtvjunkie on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 am

Last edited by grtvjunkie on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suttons1

Post by Suttons1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:55 am

Shaner is on Fox 17 doing the weather this morning.....

TV Guy

Post by TV Guy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:29 am

Dumb junkie, slamming someone with an anonymous log-in name is not the same as being an attention seeking putz who doesn't even work - past or present - in our business, yet calls out by (real) name the On-air talent in our Top 40 market. Go away, small pesky insecure homophobic child.
Btw...I'll make you a deal. I'm gonna work another 12-15 years in this business. When I am done - and if you haven't been run off this board - I will give you my name. Unless I don't. Because you're a putz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic