All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Shaner out at WXMI

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Shaner out at WXMI

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:52 am

TV Guy wrote:Dumb junkie, slamming someone with an anonymous log-in name is not the same as being an attention seeking putz who doesn't even work - past or present - in our business, yet calls out by (real) name the On-air talent in our Top 40 market. Go away, small pesky insecure homophobic child.
Btw...I'll make you a deal. I'm gonna work another 12-15 years in this business. When I am done - and if you haven't been run off this board - I will give you my name. Unless I don't. Because you're a putz
Getting pious about career achievement in "our Top 40 market" (DMA Rank #40) strikes me a bit like winning a city league 'six-foot and under' basketball tournament. Nice for what it is, but hardly meritorious of trashing the place you're having beer & pizza afterward.

971DeepTracksFan

Post by 971DeepTracksFan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm

grtvjunkie wrote:DELETED
FAIL

Mediate

Post by Mediate » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:44 pm

pious about TV career achievement in this market is one thing...(you never bothered to go anywhere else? or failed and came back <ahem> Geha) but longevity in ANY industry is something to be acknowledged...

oh, and quacky...you're still the dumbest flaming asshole on this site...you have NO IDEA what you are talking about...in fact, you are SO consistently off base you could be consultant...

brush the cheetoh dust off your fingers and keep flippin' the remote, and yell for mom upstairs to bring you that meatloaf you've been wanting...

imstudwell

Post by imstudwell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 am

so back to topic when's Shaner done at fox17?

TV Guy

Post by TV Guy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 pm

There was no piousness (piety? San Diegans?) in my comments Lester, nor inference of great career achievement. I hope I have misunderstood your comments, otherwise I would probably say it is Ok if you don't comment on *everything* posted on this site

quacky

Post by quacky » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:13 pm

[quote="imstudwell"]so back to topic when's Shaner done at fox17?[/quote]

Agree, back to the topic. Anymore on Shaner leaving? Have not heard anymore.

Pot it up

Post by Pot it up » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Yeah, Shaner still there. Why does he always wear those dark red, brown, green and other weird colored shirts?

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:58 am

March has come, and Shaner remains. Good luck to all who toil this day, and in those days to come.

quacky

Post by quacky » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:41 am

Shaner mentioned its his last week at Fox 17 this morning. Hoping Kelly Smith gets his spot.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm

i'm making the jump to tv

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

imstudwell

Post by imstudwell » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:31 pm

andymuskegon wrote:i'm making the jump to tv

Doin' Weather? Nice

Localnewsisdead

Post by Localnewsisdead » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Here's the Mlive article detailing Shaner's exit from WXMI:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/gran ... cart_river

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Possible replacements:

1. Kelly Smith. Obvious and good choice, so 17 probably won't even consider it.
2. Kevin Craig. Passed up for multiple positions, maybe his turn? Also maybe not the best choice.
3. Rick Mecklenberg. As mentioned before, he would be a good fit, but a longshot. Is he even still in the area?
4. Anyone from 13. Based on recent hires, these are the best odds.

Thoughts?
Localnewsisdead wrote:Here's the Mlive article detailing Shaner's exit from WXMI:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/gran ... cart_river

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 pm

TV Guy-- I'm sure you think you will work another "12-15 years" in the business. Let me know how that turns out for you. I'm also waiting to find out who you really are.
TV Guy wrote:Dumb junkie, slamming someone with an anonymous log-in name is not the same as being an attention seeking putz who doesn't even work - past or present - in our business, yet calls out by (real) name the On-air talent in our Top 40 market. Go away, small pesky insecure homophobic child.
Btw...I'll make you a deal. I'm gonna work another 12-15 years in this business. When I am done - and if you haven't been run off this board - I will give you my name. Unless I don't. Because you're a putz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic