Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Both Crumbly parents found guilty.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Both Crumbly parents found guilty.

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:47 pm

Hopefully this represents the path forward for the shared accountability of teen mass shooters. Let's arrest all gun owners who allow weapons to kill others.
Today, a 12-person jury unanimously found James Crumbley, the father of the Oxford High School shooter, guilty as charged for his gross negligence, which ultimately played a causal role in the deaths of four OHS students. This guilty verdict, along with those found against the shooter's mother, Jennifer Crumbley, won't bring back the lives of these four students, but it represents one more step towards holding everyone responsible accountable under the law, which is justice for the victims' families and the Oxford community.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Re: Both Crumbly parents found guilty.

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:14 am

I knew that the parents were going to be found guilty I'm happy all the Crumbly's are serving jail time.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:02 am

Do you think they would of been found guilty of anything if they hadn't played Hide and Go Seek?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:33 am

Now it's time to charge some school officials who had plenty of red flags to check his locker and backpack.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:33 am
Now it's time to charge some school officials who had plenty of red flags to check his locker and backpack.
They did ask the parents to intervene, and they could have done more. But ultimately, teachers didn't supply the weapon nor bare the same responsibility as a parent should.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 am

The best part of this? Now there are two (three in a couple years) fewer tRumpanzees who cannot vote for MAGAt candidates who have no problem with mass shootings! :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:09 am

craig11152 wrote:
This is what surprises me. I know a kid that got expelled just for talking about bringing a knife to school. Cannot shag the feeling Oxford school and staff could be sued. Just by using examples of how other districts have responded to threats and whatnot.

Hasn't the Michigan Attorney General decreed Oxford Schools and staff cannot be held responsible? Something like that came out. Personally I think someone in that community has a lot of suction in Lansing.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:14 am

craig11152 wrote:
The teachers did nothing wrong (in fact, they sounded the alarm), but the administrators and school resource officer dropped the ball in spectacular fashion.

I agree that criminal charges against some school officials should be considered, especially the dean of students.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:14 am
craig11152 wrote:
The teachers did nothing wrong (in fact, they sounded the alarm), but the administrators and school resource officer dropped the ball in spectacular fashion.

I agree that criminal charges against some school officials should be considered, especially the dean of students.
I disagree, and feel that there wasn't a criminal level of neglect on the part of the school districts.
― Noam Chomsky

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:14 am
craig11152 wrote:

The SRO received zero notification of the situation with the student until after 4 other students were dead.

Had the SRO been involved the outcome could very well have been much different. A conversation with parents takes on a totally different tone when there is a sheriff's deputy in the room too.

Which, by the way, is why it doesn't always happen. It's a tough call for people who are inadequately trained to be able to tell the difference between a troubled kid that needs medical intervention vs. legal intervention. School admins and counselors, bless their hearts, mostly try to de-escalate and downplay because the in the vast vast vast majority of similar situations (and they happen all the time in any big public school) creating a confrontational environment with a cop present winds up making things worse for the troubled kid.

Involving a SRO is purely at the discretion of school administrators. It is not required and thus pretty much impossible to place criminal blame based on just that.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am
craig11152 wrote:
They did ask the parents to intervene, and they could have done more. But ultimately, teachers didn't supply the weapon nor bare the same responsibility as a parent should.
As usual your reading comprehension is odd. I didn't suggest school officials should bare the same responsibility as the parents but they shouldn't get off with no legal responsibility. On the day of the shooting they met with the parents over drawings of guns and bullets with comments like "The thoughts won't stop Help Me" under a drawing of a gun and "Blood everywhere" under the drawing of a bullet.
If that is enough to call the parents in to the school its enough to check his locker and backpack.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:26 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:23 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am
craig11152 wrote:
As usual your reading comprehension is odd. I didn't suggest school officials should bare the same responsibility as the parents but they shouldn't get off with no legal responsibility. On the day of the shooting they met with the parents over drawings of guns and bullets with comments like "The thoughts won't stop Help Me" under a drawing of a gun and "Blood everywhere" under the drawing of a bullet.
If that is enough to call the parents in to the school its enough to check his locker and backpack.
“You didn’t happen to buy him a gun did you?” Is the question that immediately comes to my mind.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 am

A lot of Monday morning quarterbacking in this thread.

At the time this was all going down inside Oxford HS, foreseeing this kid doing what he did was clearly not something they saw as an imminent threat. It didn't sound like he'd had any documented previous violent outburts at school. They were properly alarmed by what they saw in that drawing -- and had begun the process of taking action by bringing his parents in and recommending he get help.

You have to understand what a school administrator / counselor's primary job is: Keeping kids in school and having them graduate. That is their motivation. All the bullshit about safety and zero tolerance is just that -- window dressing to give the community the impression that they are paying attention to it. They really just want kids to be in school.

Crumbley was (is) a child. If your default thinking as a school administrator is that you've gotta search a child for a weapon because they exhibit weird behavior, you're probably not in the right job.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:36 am

I'll add that all of the stuff I posted above is based on school admins not knowing that his parents had just bought him a gun.

Had the school known that, it's a completely different discussion.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:40 am

The SRO the day of the shooting reportedly went into a restroom, saw a wounded student bleeding profusely, and she did absolutely nothing because she thought "it was a drill."

THAT is why I believe criminal charges against her should be considered.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic