Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 09, 2024 12:56 pm

How many taxpayer dollars will be wasted on this outrageously frivolous lawsuit?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 624884007/

I think this is the most irresponsible use of her office to date.

This comes on the heels of Rich Baird announcing his intent to sue her after the AG's office failed to respond to his demand for legal expense reimbursement following her unconstitutional prosecution attempt. (He deserves full reimbursement of his out of pocket expenses at a minimum.)

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Re: More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 pm

Economists credit big oil for most of the inflation we have seen while crude prices were relatively stable. I shed no tears about this...
With the suit, Michigan will join states such as Minnesota, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, Rhode Island that have filed climate fraud lawsuits against oil and gas companies, alleging petroleum products played a central role in contributing to the climate crisis.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 09, 2024 4:07 pm

Any legal expense spent by big oil will be a rounding error.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 09, 2024 4:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:07 pm
Any legal expense spent by big oil will be a rounding error.
This isn't about money.

Remember when Attorney Generals took on big industries like Cigarettes, Pharma, and Automotive over issues that impact citizens?
― Matt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 pm

The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 pm
The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.
That's the argument.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

Calling it a waste of money isn’t very accurate… if it succeeds the state would receive a big windfall on behalf of the citizens of Michigan. It could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

Not only that, but what's the alternative? If the oil & gas companies stopped producing product right now, or even over the course of 5 or 10 years, what do you think would happen to the price of energy?? How high would it go immediately and how much of an impact would that have on the price of everything, thus spiking inflation even higher than Brandon ever could dream of..

Shut off the spigot of natural gas to DTE and Consumers, and what do you think the cost per kWh is going to be? It's already one of the highest in the nation right now.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am

Abuse of power by clueless Dana Nessel she is a political hack and has done nothing as AG and the worse AG in Michigan history.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am
Abuse of power by clueless Dana Nessel she is a political hack and has done nothing as AG and the worse AG in Michigan history.
Bill Schuette was significantly worse.
― Matt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm

Schuette and his team didn't bungle Flint. They were moving to trial with multiple cases that had undergone appropriate preliminary exams.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm
Schuette and his team didn't bungle Flint. They were moving to trial with multiple cases that had undergone appropriate preliminary exams.
He chose to pursue only "approved" individuals. David Muchmore was the primary player and he bungled that case.
― Matt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm

Ridiculous. He - like others - were fed misinformation from the MDEQ. His email communications show a clear concern for Flint residents.

Should he have pushed back more forcefully? Absolutely. But that lapse in judgement is not a crime.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 10, 2024 2:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm
Ridiculous. He - like others - were fed misinformation from the MDEQ. His email communications show a clear concern for Flint residents.

Should he have pushed back more forcefully? Absolutely. But that lapse in judgement is not a crime.
Muchmore had oil and gas interests friendly to Snyder's administration who wanted that water. He orchestrated Flint's entire separation from the Detroit Water Corporation. He also kept key reports from reaching the Governor
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic