Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

State asks residents for help

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
radiofann

Re: State asks residents for help

Post by radiofann » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:45 am

Ask NYC if they’d rather NOT have to deal with the crisis. Feds giving no help to sanctuary cities and states.

Ask nYC about the recent waVe of crimes by the Venezuelan gang members who are ‘asylum seekers’.

This is back door conversion of our state into the unwanted and un-voted for status of sanctuary state.

New York post covers the topic pretty thoroughly.

Some cautionary reading:

nside Mayor Adams’ migrant debit card boondoggle — no-bid bank gets $50 million, border crossers up to $10,000 each

https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/opinion/i ... 0000-each/

https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-news/7 ... 36-states/

Democrats’ open-border trickery: gaming the Census

https://nypost.com/2024/02/20/opinion/d ... he-census/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:56 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:22 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Here's Audiophile jumping in to be a devoted Christian.
audiophile wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:29 am
So_many_questions

Are these legal immigrants or those legitimately seeking asylum and have had their "day in court"?

Are they vetted for criminal activity?

If you to help them find work, does that mean they have Green Card, or can they only work "cash jobs"?

Does your school system have the ability and capacity to deal with the language barrier?

If someone is hurt or killed by refugee or someone otherwise takes a financial loss, who compensates the victim(s)?

Who pays for healthcare?

Are host families compensated by the state?
Stay golden pony boy. #ProfitFaithEvanglist
Do you honestly think it's prudent to welcome someone into your home for an extended amount of time without vetting them at all?
That wouldn't be my first inclination. It lends to how one chooses to approach a call to help the least of these.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:56 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:22 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Here's Audiophile jumping in to be a devoted Christian.
audiophile wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:29 am
So_many_questions

Are these legal immigrants or those legitimately seeking asylum and have had their "day in court"?

Are they vetted for criminal activity?

If you to help them find work, does that mean they have Green Card, or can they only work "cash jobs"?

Does your school system have the ability and capacity to deal with the language barrier?

If someone is hurt or killed by refugee or someone otherwise takes a financial loss, who compensates the victim(s)?

Who pays for healthcare?

Are host families compensated by the state?
Stay golden pony boy. #ProfitFaithEvanglist
Do you honestly think it's prudent to welcome someone into your home for an extended amount of time without vetting them at all?
That wouldn't be my first inclination. It lends to how one chooses to approach a call to help the least of these.
The vast majority I assume are good people looking for a better future. I don't think it's unChristian to make sure you are helping out those good ones. Especially if one is welcoming them into their personal home and family.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic