Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan's per-capita income plummeting, now at 100-year low

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Michigan's per-capita income plummeting, now at 100-year low

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:26 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:37 pm
Blame the fucking Nerd. People tend to leave a place if it has poisoned water.
Rick Snyder saved Michigan. It's unfortunate the Flint EM was not as competent as Kevin Orr, but more blame falls on Flint's failed local government. Any complaints about Benton Harbor under Whitmer's watch?
Benton Harbor has been a hellhole for at least 30 years if not longer. They had a riot there in the 60's and it kind of declined like Detroit.

radiofann

Re: Michigan's per-capita income plummeting, now at 100-year low

Post by radiofann » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:06 am

I have no idea why people obsess on Benton Harbor, other than the racial aspects and makeup of the city. And it’s failure. It’s population is only 9000 something. A small small amount.

But given its failure, or lack of success, is it any different than half of the other similarly size cities-townships in Michigan? Are certain commentators and news reporters focusing on Benton harbor simply due to obsession with race? All of the similarly sized cities in the list, half are successful, half are not. Simple statistics. What all the attention to Benton harbor?

https://www.michigan-demographics.com/c ... population

Otherwise, why aren’t we obsessing about flat rock, Plymouth, Bruce township, Alpena, ecorse, saline, highland park.
Scratching my head here,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic