Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Has Two Republican Parties

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Michigan Has Two Republican Parties

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:59 am

Just another embarrassing showing for the Michigan Republicans...
Two websites, two staffs, two leaders issuing edicts. For nearly a week there have been two Michigan Republican parties, and the schism doesn’t seem to have an end in sight.

Since a Jan. 6 meeting where a faction of GOP officials voted to remove MIGOP chair Kristina Karamo and her allies and appointed Malinda Pego as acting chair, Karamo and her supporters have insisted the meeting violated party bylaws, was wholly illegitimate and nothing has changed.

Hoping for a speedy resolution, the leaders of the anti-Karamo movement appealed to the GOP’s highest governing body, the Republican National Committee, known as the RNC, asking them to proclaim the party’s rightful leader.

But the RNC is not going resolve a state party’s conflict, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation. Now Karamo’s critics are falling back to a previous plan: asking a court to rule on party leadership.

Pego and her allies don’t have access to party bank accounts so Warren Carpenter, who helped to organized the vote to oust Karamo, told MLive they have to raise money to bring the legal action. He said they hope to file suit in the coming days.

Until then, the 107 members of the Michigan Republican Party’s state committee may find themselves pulled in two directions: Pego sent an email canceling a Jan. 13 state committee meeting in Houghton Lake. Karamo, in a competing email, said the meeting is still on and urged the entire state committee to attend. Pego reportedly told Karamo’s staff they were fired, while Karamo’s general counsel Dan Hartman – who the anti-Karamo faction also voted to remove Jan. 6 – called them and told them to ignore it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Re: Michigan Has Two Republican Parties

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:24 am

Dan Hartman of "I Can Dream About You" fame?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:37 am

No, that Dan Hartman died of AIDS in 1994

matt1

Post by matt1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:00 am

Dan Hartman story from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Hartman

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:24 pm

In the continuing saga from the most pathetic party in the country.... Trump has chimed in.
Former Congressman Pete Hoekstra was recently elected chairman of the Michigan Republican Party and just this last week received an endorsement to lead the state party by former President Donald Trump.

Hoekstra's leadership, though, is still being disputed by Kristina Karamo.

"It was on Truth Social. The president wants me to be the chairperson and sees the team that I'm putting together as his best opportunity to win the state of Michigan," said Hoekstra.

Hoekstra served in Congress for 18 years, representing Michigan's second district. He was tapped by Trump in 2018 to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to the Netherlands. But Karamo claims the vote to oust her is illegitimate, and she will not step down.

"The fact is, I'm still the chair of the Michigan Republican Party. I still am responsible for the day-to-day operations. I'm still legally responsible for the organization and all of its assets. So how can he be the chair if he has no control over any of the party's assets?" she said.

Hoekstra says Karamo's control over the purse strings and social media isn't ideal, but he's working around it.

"We're setting up alternative bank accounts. We're setting up our social media," he said. "We're getting ready to put in place the foundation to run a campaign. The infrastructure that will enable us to put forward a platform that will appeal to the voters of Michigan and tell them why they should be voting with us this November."

Meanwhile, a lawsuit is pending in Kent County to officially remove Karamo from her position.

"Some of Pete's minions have sued me," she said. "And we've already submitted evidence of threats and intimidation that committee members received in order to sign the petition. They are looking to bully and intimidate the committee members in order to take control, and we're simply not going to put up with it."

The Republican National Committee hasn't weighed in on the dispute but has removed Karamo's picture from their website. Now, the chairperson position for Michigan is listed as "vacant."
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:15 am

Pete Hoekstra is better than that dipshit Karamo who never says she ever losses when she has lost SOS in her warped mind she won she should've never been named chairperson for MI GOP. I'll never vote for Karamo her insane views she is insane in the brain don't let the door hit you on the way out Karamo wouldn't be surprised if she was ever on a trashy talk show Steve Wilkos or Karamo Show hosted by Karamo Brown.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic