Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kristina Karamo challenge vote on Saturday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Kristina Karamo challenge vote on Saturday

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:28 am

I am just giddy when I think how screwed up the Republican party is in Michigan.
LANSING (AP) — A group of Michigan Republicans plan to meet Saturday and discuss whether to remove Michigan GOP Chairperson Kristina Karamo following months of infighting among party members ahead of key Senate and presidential contests in the swing state.

It’s unclear whether enough party members will attend for the gathering to be official, and Karamo has made clear that she won’t recognize the vote either way, but the call for the meeting signals a remarkable decline in support for the chairperson among her grassroots supporters.

An election conspiracist who unsuccessfully ran for secretary of state in 2022, Karamo had been overwhelmingly elected in February to lead the state party through the next presidential election.

A lack of fundraising and transparency during Karamo’s tenure has pushed many of her former supporters to seek to oust her. Karamo revealed during an Oct. 19 meeting that the party had nearly $500,000 in debt and opponents have argued that the chairperson has done little to improve the financial situation in recent months.

Eight of the state party’s 13 congressional district chairs called on Karamo to resign last week and her own co-chair, Malinda Pego, signed onto a petition seeking a removal vote.

Party members formally began pursuing Karamo’s removal in early December, obtaining 39 state committee members’ signatures on a petition calling for a special meeting to consider it. In response, Karamo said that she wouldn’t honor the request — saying that it was incorrectly submitted — but would schedule a separate special meeting in early January.

The situation could potentially play out in court if Karamo refuses to recognize Saturday’s meeting and a vote to remove her.

Karamo’s opponents have said that her failure to recognize their earlier petition calling for a vote gives them power to schedule their own special meeting. The approval of 75% of the state committee members in attendance at Saturday’s meeting would be needed to oust Karamo, according to party bylaws.

A majority of the party’s close to 100 state committee members would need to be in attendance. Bree Moeggenberg, a Michigan GOP state committee member who has helped organize the meeting, would not reveal the expected attendance numbers but said they “hope to have a quorum.”

“We are currently in a position where we are pushing Republicans away from the party,” Moeggenberg said Tuesday. “When the chairperson of the Michigan Republican Party tells those that don’t agree with her that they can go pound sand,the party’s losing voters.”

The meeting’s agenda, obtained by The Associated Press, also proposes considering removal of the state party’s general counsel and other leaders.

Karamo did not respond to a request for comment sent by email Tuesday.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: Kristina Karamo challenge vote on Saturday

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:49 am

Getting her out is the first step in righting the ship.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:18 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:49 am
Out? She's doing a fine job.

She can simply set this vote aside, if they happen to get quorum.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:49 am
That ship already sank. Deep sea diving will also be needed.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:50 am

Definitely the Titanic or the submersible. :lol Is one of the fake electors going to take over for Kristina? :lol
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:25 am

Kristina Karamo has got to go I'm sure the same fate would've happen if Matt DePerno was the chair of the Michigan GOP. I didn't vote for those 2 in 2022 election I voted Benson & 3RD party in for AG as I can't stand that political hack Dana Nessel the worse AG in Michigan history.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 am

I'm actually loving watching Karamo fuck up the MI GQP. It amazes me just how inept tRumpanzee dumbfucks are.

How the hell did someone who got their ass beat so badly in the previous election get elected to LEAD the party?? :rollin

You reap what you sow, MAGAts.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:51 am

Karamo looks a lot like Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son. 😁
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:23 pm

You old fish-eyed fool.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop