Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stupid politician gets butthurt by professional wrestler

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Stupid politician gets butthurt by professional wrestler

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... -NLETTER65

It's no secret that Dayna Polehanki is stupid. But maybe someone should tell her that the gimmick of heel wrestlers is to insult the local audience. No need to "clap back" as if she is going to show him the error of his ways.

I would have loved to see her attend an Attitude Era event....

Rate This

Re: Stupid politician gets butthurt by professional wrestler

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:20 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 pm

It's no secret that Dayna Polehanki is stupid. But maybe someone should tell her that the gimmick of heel wrestlers is to insult the local audience. No need to "clap back" as if she is going to show him the error of his ways.

Tell us you never watched wresting without telling us you never watched wrestling.

ral315

Post by ral315 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:44 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
It's no secret that Dayna Polehanki is stupid. But maybe someone should tell her that the gimmick of heel wrestlers is to insult the local audience.
She called him a jabroni. Her comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:58 pm

ral315 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:44 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
It's no secret that Dayna Polehanki is stupid. But maybe someone should tell her that the gimmick of heel wrestlers is to insult the local audience.
She called him a jabroni. Her comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek.
Traditionally if one of the wrestlers is supposed to be from wherever they are at one of the heels comes out and makes fun of the city hard and the native wrestler comes running out and fights them about it. Great rise from the crowd that way.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:52 am

Graham Wellington wrote:

I was surprised by the media attention, because I agree with you. This should've been a non-story for the reasons you stated.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:23 pm

I actually like Waller! His gimmick is basically just being Australian. He's obnoxious, dry, and pisses people off. That stunner is awesome, too. That said, the only title I could see being put on him would be one of the tag titles of they eventually split them back up. WWE needs to split the titles again. Dayna was a teacher and went to Marygrove, those are two strikes against the likelihood of her being intelligent. Most of the people I know who went to Marygrove went into teaching and they were not the brightest bulbs by any stretch of the imagination. She also went to CMU and Alma, so yea, she probably just partied until she got kicked out of a few schools. Teachers very rarely are smart.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:52 am
Graham Wellington wrote:

I was surprised by the media attention, because I agree with you. This should've been a non-story for the reasons you stated.
That’s makes two people who have never watched wrestling evidently.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:29 pm

I don't watch wrestling, but I understand a lot of people like it. It can't be any worse than the Ron Cameron junkies on this site...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
The only thing I've read about this is the link Graham started this thread with.

My impression of the article is that the two were just trading good natured barbs back and forth on Twitter. I didn't see anything that warranted the click bait title Graham gave to the thread.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:50 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

Please explain what I am apparently missing here.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:02 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:06 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
The only thing I've read about this is the link Graham started this thread with.

My impression of the article is that the two were just trading good natured barbs back and forth on Twitter. I didn't see anything that warranted the click bait title Graham gave to the thread.
I didn't see anything catchy or witty about her barbs. If that is what she intended, her quiz bowl nerd "clap backs" were pretty lame.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

Think Jim Ross in Oklahoma or Chris Benoit in Calgary… Steve Austin in Texas… I mean… the whole idea behind the heel trashing the city is someone from there runs out and fights them thus “clapping back”… if you had watched 5 minutes worth of this you would know that what she did fits perfectly within that category. Sure sometimes they are riling up the crowd but the biggest pops are a face coming out to defend his hometown. Guess what? That formula was used over and over again in the attitude era.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

Think Jim Ross in Oklahoma or Chris Benoit in Calgary… Steve Austin in Texas… I mean… the whole idea behind the heel trashing the city is someone from there runs out and fights them thus “clapping back”… if you had watched 5 minutes worth of this you would know that what she did fits perfectly within that category. Sure sometimes they are riling up the crowd but the biggest pops are a face coming out to defend his hometown. Guess what? That formula was used over and over again in the attitude era.
My Attitude Era quip was meant that if she thought this was outrageous, it was nothing compared to the storylines of that era. The examples you cited were actual wrestlers or people associated with wrestling "clapping back", creating the pop. Those people were fan favorites. Fans aren't going to get fired up over a stupid politician who doesn't understand the wrestling dynamic firing back. Especially when she thought she was legit setting the record straight. If you truly equate her tweets with a wrestling face defending their hometown, then I would say you are the one who has never watched wrestling.

"Hi Grayson, Just a reminder that you got your ass kicked tonight in the “armpit of America” by a long-haired short guy in a onesie" Oh man, those Detroit wrestling fans must have gone crazy with pride after that sick burn....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:16 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:54 am
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

My Attitude Era quip was meant that if she thought this was outrageous, it was nothing compared to the storylines of that era. The examples you cited were actual wrestlers or people associated with wrestling "clapping back", creating the pop. Those people were fan favorites. Fans aren't going to get fired up over a stupid politician who doesn't understand the wrestling dynamic firing back. Especially when she thought she was legit setting the record straight. If you truly equate her tweets with a wrestling face defending their hometown, then I would say you are the one who has never watched wrestling.

"Hi Grayson, Just a reminder that you got your ass kicked tonight in the “armpit of America” by a long-haired short guy in a onesie" Oh man, those Detroit wrestling fans must have gone crazy with pride after that sick burn....
Well… it’s the thought that counts.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:16 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:54 am
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

Well… it’s the thought that counts.
And the point that is missed....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic