Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dana Nessel calls out Rashida Tlaib for "cruel and hateful" comments

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Dana Nessel calls out Rashida Tlaib for "cruel and hateful" comments

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 am

Wow, you don't see this happen very often within the Democrat party.

Matt

Re: Dana Nessel calls out Rashida Tlaib for "cruel and hateful" comments

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:30 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 am

Props to Dana - that is a phrase I NEVER expected to type.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:08 am

I'm afraid to look and see what the original Tweet said.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:15 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:08 am
I'm afraid to look and see what the original Tweet said.
Her original tweet wasn't something that looked bad as someone who is not Jewish - apparently it was very offensive to Jews.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:19 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 am

The Democrats are not as lockstep as you make them out to be. They don’t have a three-party-in-one approach to running themselves however which leads to less internal conflict. But there is conflict between the left and moderate wings of the party. Nessel is also Jewish so if this was offensive to Jews it probably struck a nerve with her too.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:53 am

I admit not being very adapt at negotiating twitter but it appears she deleted or modified the original post to something more benign.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:16 am

"From the river to the sea," refers to the complete destruction of the Jewish state, starting at the Jordan River continuing to the Mediterranean Sea. Hamas, you know, the elected leaders of Palestine that beheads babies and rapes women, also uses it as a battle cry.

You might guess that repeating that phrase and including that chant in a recent video she released after the atrocity of October 7th might be offensive to some folks. Basically calling for genocide. It's almost like those particular Arabs get a pass, or even support by some, because their skin color is darker than the Arian Nazi assholes.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:16 am
"From the river to the sea," refers to the complete destruction of the Jewish state, starting at the Jordan River continuing to the Mediterranean Sea. Hamas, you know, the elected leaders of Palestine that beheads babies and rapes women, also uses it as a battle cry.

You might guess that repeating that phrase and including that chant in a recent video she released after the atrocity of October 7th might be offensive to some folks. Basically calling for genocide. It's almost like those particular Arabs get a pass, or even support by some, because their skin color is darker than the Arian Nazi assholes.
We have nukes for sale. Cheap price. We can all be done with both sides.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:17 am

Bryce wrote:
Hamas, you know, the elected leaders of Palestine that beheads babies and rapes women, also uses it as a battle cry.
To be fair they were elected in about 2005 or 2006 and promptly cancelled all future elections is my understanding.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:31 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:17 am
Bryce wrote:
Hamas, you know, the elected leaders of Palestine that beheads babies and rapes women, also uses it as a battle cry.
To be fair they were elected in about 2005 or 2006 and promptly cancelled all future elections is my understanding.
You are correct there, but they were still duly elected. Who in their right mind elects a terrorist organization unless you support the same terrorist organization.

Tlaib is no better. She is demanding a cease fire. May I remind her that THERE WAS a perfectly fine cease fire in place until someone broke it on October 7th. Maybe you will understand it put this way Rashida. Israel should "impeach the mutherphukers."
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:35 am

Let's be honest. Everyone can scream for a cease fire but Israel is under no obligation to listen to anyone but themselves. Oh and Rate This, they have their own nukes.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:31 am
You are correct there, but they were still duly elected. Who in their right mind elects a terrorist organization unless you support the same terrorist organization.
I am on your side in this discussion. My only point is that we don't really know what level of buyers remorse there might be since that election.
Its possible that a lot of Palestinians see Hamas as only slightly less frightening than Israel to their daily existence. If a vote had been taken before Hamas attacked I bet it wouldn't have passed.

Which sort of raises another question in my head.....what the hell was Hamas thinking? That they could win? Or that Israel would back down?

And Rashida Tlaib can try to spin that quote to seem benign but it was a dog whistle.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:21 am

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 am
Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:31 am
I am on your side in this discussion. My only point is that we don't really know what level of buyers remorse there might be since that election.
Its possible that a lot of Palestinians see Hamas as only slightly less frightening than Israel to their daily existence.
If a vote had been taken before Hamas attacked I bet it wouldn't have passed.

Which sort of raises another question in my head.....what the hell was Hamas thinking? That they could win? Or that Israel would back down?

And Rashida Tlaib can try to spin that quote to seem benign but it was a dog whistle.
They should be getting a cacaphony of feedback from AROUND THE WORLD that their "leadership" is putting them in grave danger and that they should be distancing themselves from it. Perhaps even looking to the West Bank folks for support.

And, really, their resistance to this "leadership" should have started when their "leadership" eliminated elections and should have been growing ever since. The fact they haven't done this should indicate defacto support.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:24 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:21 am

They should be getting a cacaphony of feedback from AROUND THE WORLD that their "leadership" is putting them in grave danger and that they should be distancing themselves from it. Perhaps even looking to the West Bank folks for support. :rollin

And, really, their resistance to this "leadership" should have started when their "leadership" eliminated elections and should have been growing ever since. The fact they haven't done this should indicate defacto support.
Easy to say from the comfort of our American chairs in a country with due process, jury trials and free lawyers.
Neither you nor I have any idea what it would be like living in fear of the Government and what they might do to us and our loved ones.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:08 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:24 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:21 am
They should be getting a cacaphony of feedback from AROUND THE WORLD that their "leadership" is putting them in grave danger and that they should be distancing themselves from it. Perhaps even looking to the West Bank folks for support. :rollin

Easy to say from the comfort of our American chairs in a country with due process, jury trials and free lawyers.
Neither you nor I have any idea what it would be like living in fear of the Government and what they might do to us and our loved ones.
Maybe.

But the simple question is if they don't care enough to fight back to make a better life for themselves and their descendants, then why should anyone else in the world care?

They've had 15 years to make a start, or ask for help.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic