Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Re: Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:59 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:09 am
This is truly disgusting behavior by Whitmer and her cronies.

MAJOR KUDOS to the Detroit Free Press (an unlikely critic) for its excellent reporting on this matter!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 785601007/
Should any of us be surprised by more disgusting tactics from her? She will stop at nothing to build her "legacy" and street cred in her progressive circles. That is her priority, and always has been.
Conservative victims do outrage better than anyone else.
I'm shocked, you are supportive of her behavior here...

Graham Wellington

Re: Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:08 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:38 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

MAJOR KUDOS to the Detroit Free Press (an unlikely critic) for its excellent reporting on this matter!

Should any of us be surprised by more disgusting tactics from her? She will stop at nothing to build her "legacy" and street cred in her progressive circles. That is her priority, and always has been.
Worse yet, she only listens to stations that play KANSAS and BOSTON.
Actually, she is kind of like the evil religious stations that come in and gobble up all those relevant, original, and important radio stations. She came in and gobbled up land using donor money (taxpayers), and greased the process along using more of that dark donor money.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:22 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:46 pm
Just surprised that with all the big plants that closed and were tore down after 2009 that there weren't suitable alternatives in one of those locations for these new battery plants.
Great post, and I agree completely. Use an existing brownfield site to build a battery plant. Why disrupt a largely rural area?

Brownfield or no brownfield, the economic incentives and handouts being offered by the state of Michigan are preposterously large.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:22 pm
km1125 wrote:
Just surprised that with all the big plants that closed and were tore down after 2009 that there weren't suitable alternatives in one of those locations for these new battery plants.
Great post, and I agree completely. Use an existing brownfield site to build a battery plant. Why disrupt a largely rural area?

Brownfield or no brownfield, the economic incentives and handouts being offered by the state of Michigan are preposterously large.
Supposedly, these developments require massive amounts of land with close proximity to freeways and other transportation sources from what I've read. Most brownfields apparently don't meet the acreage requirements.

https://mimanufacturinginnovationcampus.com/faqs/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:22 pm
km1125 wrote:

It’s also almost dead center of 94’s route in Michigan.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:26 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:05 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Conservative victims do outrage better than anyone else.
I'm shocked, you are supportive of her behavior here...
I'm not supportive, but this is run of the mill politics. It also is creating jobs, not designed to build a wedge between citizens, or disrupt our relationship with other countries. On a scale of 1 to 10, where Trump level corruption is 8 (a la steal tax dollars for his hotels), this is a 4 or 5.

I guess I'm saying, your outrage is biased and inconsistent to the point of being predictable.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:14 pm

Logistically, I understand why Ford likes the location. Being very near the I-94 / I-69 junction provides easy access to plants in SE Michigan, their infamous Chicago plant, and Louisville.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:34 am

Excellent! I hope this means $1.7 billion in taxpayer dollars will no longer be squandered.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:34 am
Excellent! I hope this means $1.7 billion in taxpayer dollars will no longer be squandered.
Of course long term this may greatly hobble Fords EV plans… that’s bad.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm

Any "hobbling" is their own fault, in my opinion.

I think automakers should be placing more emphasis on hybrids over pure EVs in any case.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:07 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:34 am
Of course long term this may greatly hobble Fords EV plans… that’s bad.
Great!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm

I think automakers should be placing more emphasis on hybrids over pure EVs in any case.
100%. The infrastructure to support EVs is obviously not even remotely close to being where it needs to be, and won't be for years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm

Unfortunately that’s not where the world is headed… 15 years or so from now maybe 20 tops and we’ll be talking about gas engines the way we do manual transmissions. This is the wrong time for them to take years off of this if they want to have long term viability.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:52 pm

Wait, you're against the unions, and against the manufacturers?

Do you just hate everything?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic