Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 am

Hmmm. I don't really like the Idea of this plant, from this company, getting state and federal subsides.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/co ... r-AA1fsho6

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Re: Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:12 pm

The concern here is that the Chinese will use this plant as a way to spy on Camp Grayling, which is where some Taiwanese soldiers are trained.

I don't trust the Chinese and consider anything they are up to as suspect, but when I mapped it, it was about a two-hour drive from the plant to Camp Grayling, so I really don't think that should be a major concern. Seems like more fear-mongering from FOX News.

Rate This

Re: Company behind contentious Michigan battery factory quietly registered as Chinese foreign agent, filings show

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:12 pm
The concern here is that the Chinese will use this plant as a way to spy on Camp Grayling, which is where some Taiwanese soldiers are trained.

I don't trust the Chinese and consider anything they are up to as suspect, but when I mapped it, it was about a two-hour drive from the plant to Camp Grayling, so I really don't think that should be a major concern. Seems like more fear-mongering from FOX News.
I didn’t know that you have to build a battery factory in order to spy on Camp Grayling. I learn something from right wing media everyday. Amazing.

We could always find somewhere else to train the Taiwanese soldiers… imagine that.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

I didn’t know that you have to build a battery factory in order to spy on Camp Grayling. I learn something from right wing media everyday. Amazing.

We could always find somewhere else to train the Taiwanese soldiers… imagine that.
The more I look into this, the more it makes sense to put a battery plant there. Big Rapids is home to Ferris State. Ferris State would make a great school to form a partnership with for degree programs and recruiting graduates. Its a smaller school and the opportunity that graduates will have is not the same as those from U of M or MSU, or even Wayne State. Green Twp., which is next to Big Rapids, is out there in a less-populated area where you could buy land cheap and local governments would be open to negotiations. I'd recommend an area like Flint, where they have Mott Comm College, Delta College, U of M - Flint, and Kettering because the comm college and Delta could be useful for training workers, land would likely be even cheaper, but Flint is probably more difficult to do business with.

I don't want any Chinese factories here, period, but I don't think that this is a move that spying easier in a way that other locations wouldn't.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:01 pm

The sheer amount of taxpayer subsidies involved for this plant is a terrible idea, regardless of ownership. If the plant were 100 percent American owned, my opinion would be the same.

Also, why not encourage Gotion to build the plant on an existing brownfield site instead of tearing up rural land?

Oh, as far as squandering of taxpayer dollars goes, the incentives offered for the proposed plant near Marshall are even more troublesome. By my rough math, it would take close to 100 years for the state of MI to recoup that "investment."
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:12 pm

Neckbeard wrote:

You dont have worry about CCP spying on Camp Grayling.

They already know everything they need about Grayling dont worry.

To infiltration is near 100% of DC and your institutions.

When a sitting president can arrest his election opponent and nothing is done to stop it by your judicial or justice system....worrying about Camp Grayling is the least of your worries.

For years on this board I have warned that the marxists were in the gates but was laughed at......get ready for much worse as America and the West are becoming colonies of the CCP.
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:09 pm

windsor wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:12 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

When a sitting president can arrest his election opponent and nothing is done to stop it by your judicial or justice system....worrying about Camp Grayling is the least of your worries.

For years on this board I have warned that the marxists were in the gates but was laughed at......get ready for much worse as America and the West are becoming colonies of the CCP.
Can you point to any kind of Marxism in my country? By most standards, this country very center-right in most policies. There is no national Healthcare, no national daycare, people are starving and they work full time jobs, a handful of people own most of everything and again, many don't even have a spare $400 for an emergency. Never mind whatever right-wing scare words that have been used since the 1940s while this country degenerates, let's get to the CENTER. Even moderate Republicans arent far enough to the right anymore. This country keeps moving further to the right, yet there's always some imaginary boogeyman or ISM that's gonna destroy us.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:21 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:09 pm
windsor wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Can you point to any kind of Marxism in my country? By most standards, this country very center-right in most policies. There is no national Healthcare, no national daycare, people are starving and they work full time jobs, a handful of people own most of everything and again, many don't even have a spare $400 for an emergency. Never mind whatever right-wing scare words that have been used since the 1940s while this country degenerates, let's get to the CENTER. Even moderate Republicans arent far enough to the right anymore. This country keeps moving further to the right, yet there's always some imaginary boogeyman or ISM that's gonna destroy us.
Funny how that imaginary boogeyman is always to the left isn’t it?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
windsor wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Can you point to any kind of Marxism in my country?
Look no further than hollywood, babbyface

Don't even waste your energy. People screaming about Marxism and all that are just parrots who want the dopamine rush of arguing with people, using words they saw people they think of as brilliant use.

An old trick that I used to pull was to copy-paste posts from the PolPot into google. These guys literally would literally grab their arguments from far right blogs.

They're not interested in what policy works best for the country or anything. They just want to feel like a big man like the goofballs that rile them up like Levin, Hannity, and Rush (PBUH).

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:31 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
windsor wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Well sir if you cant see by now that the US is in a marxist cultural revolution which have revved up their operations with the release of the bio weapon and. the 2020 elections I cant help you.

America is being destroyed from within just as Antonio Gramsci told the world communist conspiracy was the only way to destroy the west.He knew the old class warfare would not work but to use a new strategy of the long march through the institutions and use race and gender in place of the classes.

Educate yourself on marxist/lennonist tactics and then you may open your eyes to the war America and the west is in presently.There are many books that explain it in detail like Mark Levins "American Marxism".

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:11 pm

windsor wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:31 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
windsor wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Well sir if you cant see by now that the US is in a marxist cultural revolution which have revved up their operations with the release of the bio weapon and. the 2020 elections I cant help you.

America is being destroyed from within just as Antonio Gramsci told the world communist conspiracy was the only way to destroy the west.He knew the old class warfare would not work but to use a new strategy of the long march through the institutions and use race and gender in place of the classes.

Educate yourself on marxist/lennonist tactics and then you may open your eyes to the war America and the west is in presently.There are many books that explain it in detail like Mark Levins "American Marxism".
I can't. It was claimed in the 40s. In the 50s. In the 60s. The 70s. The 80s. 90s. 00s. 10s. 20s. We're pushing 80 years of this jargon and all I see is this country going further and further right. Eisenhower and Reagan wouldn't even make the cut anymore. I see people on video, in print, on radio, online, claiming they are being "silenced". Bill Clinton was coming for your guns. Barack Obama was coming for your guns AND sending you to a FEMA camp for death panels and re-education. If you think Joe Biden is this so-called "radical left", I don't think YOU are the one paying attention. Joe Biden is so bland that drying paint complains how boring he is. All I see is capitalism run amok and kid dying in school. Maybe I'm missing something. It's time for some new buzzwords or something. My grandmother has lived and died in the times of the same ol' song and dance.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:30 pm

Thats fine Mega your entitled to your opinion.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:07 pm

windsor wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:30 pm
So you post a bunch of insanity and then when somebody calls you on it you can’t bear to respond in any meaningful way?

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:07 pm
windsor wrote:
So you post a bunch of insanity and then when somebody calls you on it you can’t bear to respond in any meaningful way?
You mean you dont know whats going on in your own country????

Canel culture....canceling anyone that they dont agree with the narrative
Censorship....taking away freedom of speech
Teaching children sexual depravity in schools
A president who is making a mockery of the office by his ineptness
Printing of billions of dollars causing massive inflation to destroy the standard of living of americans
Leaving the southern border open to millions of illegals with no end in site
Making citizens and military take an experimental vaxx or lose your job.
Arresting and harrassment of political opponents
Shoplifting on steroids with no rule of law

Some examples of the radical lefts transformation of america.
Recognize any of this Rate This??????????????

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:33 am

windsor wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:07 pm
windsor wrote:
You mean you dont know whats going on in your own country????

Canel culture....canceling anyone that they dont agree with the narrative
Censorship....taking away freedom of speech
Teaching children sexual depravity in schools
A president who is making a mockery of the office by his ineptness
Printing of billions of dollars causing massive inflation to destroy the standard of living of americans
Leaving the southern border open to millions of illegals with no end in site
Making citizens and military take an experimental vaxx or lose your job.
Arresting and harrassment of political opponents
Shoplifting on steroids with no rule of law

Some examples of the radical lefts transformation of america.
Recognize any of this Rate This??????????????
Sure I do… distorted delusions of a guy on a message board…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic