Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer the Queen

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
paul8539

Re: Whitmer the Queen

Post by paul8539 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:13 pm

How was it handled? Did any of those in line get to charge their cars?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:49 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:34 am
Now this is kinda funny:
U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm's four-day road trip to tout the benefits of electric vehicles took an unexpected turn when a Georgia family called the police on a gas-powered car in the secretary's entourage that was blocking an EV charging station.
NPR reported that one of the four chargers was broken and the others were occupied. To reserve a spot, a staff member parked a gas-powered vehicle by one of the EV charging stations. Shortly after, a family came to charge their vehicle but was unable to due to the gas-powered vehicle being in the way. Angered that they were forced to wait for the charger on a sweltering day with a baby in the car, the family called the police to report the incident.

"I'm calling because I'm in the Grovetown Walmart at the charging station and there's literally a non-electric car that is taking up a space and said they're holding the space for somebody else," the woman who made the 911 call told the dispatcher in the recording, which was obtained by Fox News on Tuesday. "And it's holding up a whole bunch of people who need to charge their cars."

"There are other people who are waiting to charge and they're still here and they're not in electric cars," the caller continued. "The sign says you can't park here unless you're charging."

The dispatcher then told the woman that a deputy was on the way to handle the situation.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/georgia-elec ... d/1134210/
In comparison to the constructional rights trashed by Whitmer, this is relatively minor, BUT this is some major irony for the so-called *Green* movement.

*Green means lining someone's pockets.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:21 am

Whitmer also had nothing to do with this project, she is merely a tenant.
From your link....
In what appears to be a break from precedent, state taxpayers are picking up the entire cost of the no-bid project at the state-owned official residence in Lansing's Moores River Drive area.
Typically, a foundation raises money to pay for renovations and improvements at both the Lansing residence and the governor's official summer residence on Mackinac Island.
I would say she isn't just a tenant as you suggest but also the Governor of the State.
I would think as the Governor of the state she could have pushed to have the project paid for in the "normal" fashion of "...a foundation raises money to pay for renovations and improvements at both the Lansing residence and the governor's official summer residence..."
Did she do that? My gut says no she didn't exert her power and influence.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm

My gutt is telling me there is somebody else who manages this kind of thing for the state of michigan and she has nothing to do with it. Are you involved with the price of the oil changes on your bus?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Are you involved with the price of the oil changes on your bus?
Do you think before you type? I'm sure you aren't as stupid as you come off sometimes.

But to answer your question I am not involved with the price of an oil change on the bus because as a bus driver I am basically at the bottom of the hierarchy of the organization. The general manager however at the top of the hierarchy is fully aware and would ask questions if those prices got out of line.
Now the Governor of the state is at the top of the hierarchy of the executive branch and as such equivalent to our general manager not a bus driver.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:42 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Are you involved with the price of the oil changes on your bus?
Do you think before you type? I'm sure you aren't as stupid as you come off sometimes.

But to answer your question I am not involved with the price of an oil change on the bus because as a bus driver I am basically at the bottom of the hierarchy of the organization. The general manager however at the top of the hierarchy is fully aware and would ask questions if those prices got out of line.
Now the Governor of the state is at the top of the hierarchy of the executive branch and as such equivalent to our general manager not a bus driver.
The state has 20 departments and 518,500 employees. How bright are you to think she is micromanaging her driveway paving? And if it wasn't this, you'd find something else unrealistic to complain about.

You really don't understand executive management do you?

https://www.michigan.gov/som/government ... ive-branch
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:42 pm
The state has 20 departments and 518,500 employees. How bright are you to think she is micromanaging her driveway paving? And if it wasn't this, you'd find something else unrealistic to complain about.

Great indication of a bloated government. Beyond that you have all the contractors that they pay for. And we also have the federal government and the layers at the county and local level. How many of those are actually just duplications upon duplications??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:59 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:09 am
TC Talks wrote:

Great indication of a bloated government. Beyond that you have all the contractors that they pay for. And we also have the federal government and the layers at the county and local level. How many of those are actually just duplications upon duplications??
What education or work experience do you have leading a multibillion dollar organization as complex as a government?

I am guessing you managed less that 10 people in your career. I just love the armchair wisdom going in here.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:59 pm
km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:09 am
TC Talks wrote:

What education or work experience do you have leading a multibillion dollar organization as complex as a government?

I am guessing you managed less that 10 people in your career.
I can't be the only one that assumes km is a primitive AI bot, right?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:05 pm

He's just a rehash of Limbaugh reruns.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:30 am

My comment wasn't about the Queen running the state, it was just a general statement about the bloat in the state government (and governments in general).

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:52 am

TC Talks wrote:

It's not micromanaging to be curious about what is happening outside your front door and how it is happening.
It's not like the GC knocked on her door one day and said "excuse me ma'am but you are going to need to park in the street for a couple weeks while we fix the driveway. Sorry for the short notice"

I might also wonder why her "team" didn't suggest it might be a bad look to skip two normal processes and go straight to a no bid contract.
I get that you can see no wrong in your far left mind with anything a democratic does and you ask no questions in your head. And you make stupid statements equating a bus driver to a Governor .

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:52 am
TC Talks wrote:

It's not micromanaging to be curious about what is happening outside your front door and how it is happening.
It's not like the GC knocked on her door one day and said "excuse me ma'am but you are going to need to park in the street for a couple weeks while we fix the driveway. Sorry for the short notice"

I might also wonder why her "team" didn't suggest it might be a bad look to skip two normal processes and go straight to a no bid contract.
I get that you can see no wrong in your far left mind with anything a democratic does and you ask no questions in your head. And you make stupid statements equating a bus driver to a Governor .
Well put. She should be holding her department heads accountable. If there was a clear reason for it needing to be a 'no bid' (and expensive) job, they should be able to defend it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:06 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Well put. She should be holding her department heads accountable. If there was a clear reason for it needing to be a 'no bid' (and expensive) job, they should be able to defend it.
Have you hired a contactor recently? I am overseeing a 22 million dollar project this year and
i assure you that they are likely lucky they got anyone to do the work. Understand the circumstances.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:06 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Have you hired a contactor recently? I am overseeing a 22 million dollar project this year and
i assure you that they are likely lucky they got anyone to do the work. Understand the circumstances.
Perhaps they should have waited a year or two to do the work. I wonder how "urgent" it really was and if the government should have been competing for resources on the open market when there's a shortage like that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic