Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer the Queen

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer the Queen

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:06 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:42 pm
The state has 20 departments and 518,500 employees. How bright are you to think she is micromanaging her driveway paving? And if it wasn't this, you'd find something else unrealistic to complain about.

You really don't understand executive management do you?

https://www.michigan.gov/som/government ... ive-branch
It's not micromanaging to be curious about what is happening outside your front door and how it is happening.
It's not like the GC knocked on her door one day and said "excuse me ma'am but you are going to need to park in the street for a couple weeks while we fix the driveway. Sorry for the short notice"

I might also wonder why her "team" didn't suggest it might be a bad look to skip two normal processes and go straight to a no bid contract.
I get that you can see no wrong in your far left mind with anything a democratic does and you ask no questions in your head. And you make stupid statements equating a bus driver to a Governor .
Well put. She should be holding her department heads accountable. If there was a clear reason for it needing to be a 'no bid' (and expensive) job, they should be able to defend it.
Have you hired a contactor recently? I am overseeing a 22 million dollar project this year and
i assure you that they are likely lucky they got anyone to do the work. Understand the circumstances.
Perhaps they should have waited a year or two to do the work. I wonder how "urgent" it really was and if the government should have been competing for resources on the open market when there's a shortage like that.
💯

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:15 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:42 pm
The state has 20 departments and 518,500 employees. How bright are you to think she is micromanaging her driveway paving? And if it wasn't this, you'd find something else unrealistic to complain about.

You really don't understand executive management do you?

https://www.michigan.gov/som/government ... ive-branch
It's not micromanaging to be curious about what is happening outside your front door and how it is happening.
It's not like the GC knocked on her door one day and said "excuse me ma'am but you are going to need to park in the street for a couple weeks while we fix the driveway. Sorry for the short notice"

I might also wonder why her "team" didn't suggest it might be a bad look to skip two normal processes and go straight to a no bid contract.
I get that you can see no wrong in your far left mind with anything a democratic does and you ask no questions in your head. And you make stupid statements equating a bus driver to a Governor .
Well put. She should be holding her department heads accountable. If there was a clear reason for it needing to be a 'no bid' (and expensive) job, they should be able to defend it.
Have you hired a contactor recently? I am overseeing a 22 million dollar project this year and
i assure you that they are likely lucky they got anyone to do the work. Understand the circumstances.
Perhaps they should have waited a year or two to do the work. I wonder how "urgent" it really was and if the government should have been competing for resources on the open market when there's a shortage like that.
Perhaps you are frustrated that people don't listen to your Monday morning quarterbacking. If you really want to get upset, read a spending bill from any of the Republican administrationals at the state or federal level. All kinds of donor corporations get a hand out.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
coincedently when I'm not driving a school bus I am over seeing a 150 million dollar project. It took me 3 months to wade through the 400 applications to bid the job. I finally settled on 25 to actual bid the project.
I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:15 am
Perhaps you are frustrated that people don't listen to your Monday morning quarterbacking. If you really want to get upset, read a spending bill from any of the Republican administrationals at the state or federal level. All kinds of donor corporations get a hand out.
Trying to remain the conductor on the "whataboutisms" train?

Once the economy was "stabilized" ALL those folks - Republicans AND Democrats - should have been reigning in the government spending!

I wonder if anybody's actually calculated all the excessive costs to citizens just by the impacts of inflation due to excessive government spending? How much did that cost the average family of four? (so far!)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:01 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:43 pm
TC Talks wrote:
coincedently when I'm not driving a school bus I am over seeing a 150 million dollar project. It took me 3 months to wade through the 400 applications to bid the job. I finally settled on 25 to actual bid the project.
So you are building a troll zapper?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:34 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:43 pm
TC Talks wrote:
And you are scrutinizing a paving job that went 20% over budget but delivered on time? Hope your project works out.

Tell you what, don't vote for Whitmer, just stop complaining about the little things.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:21 am

I don't consider no bid contracts paid for by taxpayers a little thing. I consider it worthy of scrutiny.
And so do you when it is not the democrats.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic