Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hamtramck bans LGBT+ Pride Flags; Dearborn to Follow

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Hamtramck bans LGBT+ Pride Flags; Dearborn to Follow

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 pm

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... mous-vote/

Another example of how disgusting things happen when religious values intercede with political decisions. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc., it doesn't matter!

Rate This

Re: Hamtramck bans LGBT+ Pride Flags; Dearborn to Follow

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:10 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 pm

Another example of how disgusting things happen when religious values intercede with political decisions. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc., it doesn't matter!
Actually thats pretty neutral and reasonable. If it's not related to a government entity it doesn't belong on government property. Government isn't supposed to express solidarity or values with ANY group.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Actually thats pretty neutral and reasonable. If it's not related to a government entity it doesn't belong on government property. Government isn't supposed to express solidarity or values with ANY group.
That isn't how I interpret it. I don't see a problem with people using parks for celebrations and using flags as part of their celebration.

For example, should a kid graduating high school not be allowed to have pride flags at the park if they are having their graduation party at a park in Hamtramck? Same goes for someone graduating high school who was born in like Syria or Iraq and came to the U.S. later on. Or even Ukraine refugees. It also impacts possible gatherings at like city centers and such. I don't understand why in Hamtramck, a city with a sizable Eastern Euro and Middle East population, these people should be restricted from using their flags as symbols of solidarity.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:12 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

That isn't how I interpret it. I don't see a problem with people using parks for celebrations and using flags as part of their celebration.

For example, should a kid graduating high school not be allowed to have pride flags at the park if they are having their graduation party at a park in Hamtramck? Same goes for someone graduating high school who was born in like Syria or Iraq and came to the U.S. later on. Or even Ukraine refugees. It also impacts possible gatherings at like city centers and such. I don't understand why in Hamtramck, a city with a sizable Eastern Euro and Middle East population, these people should be restricted from using their flags as symbols of solidarity.
I interpret it to mean flown on the buildings the way Ann Arbor does.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:55 pm

Neckbeard wrote:

From reading the article you linked, it says Hamtramck is not going to put flags on city property.
What the city wants to do, and your example of bring flags and banners and balloons to a graduation or wedding picnic, don't seem to be the same thing, and least to me.

But just for the grins and giggles, let me ask you this question:
Bubba's boy has made it thru high school. Bubba rents the pavilion at the park, and flies some Confederate flags.
Would you be the first one saying it he shouldn't be allowed to do that?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:58 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:55 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

From reading the article you linked, it says Hamtramck is not going to put flags on city property.
What the city wants to do, and your example of bring flags and banners and balloons to a graduation or wedding picnic, don't seem to be the same thing, and least to me.

But just for the grins and giggles, let me ask you this question:
Bubba's boy has made it thru high school. Bubba rents the pavilion at the park, and flies some Confederate flags.
Would you be the first one saying it he shouldn't be allowed to do that?
Why restrict someone's freedom of speech? It's the best way to recognize they're a loser. Let them fly the flag and let me laugh at him.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:17 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:58 pm
Why restrict someone's freedom of speech? It's the best way to recognize they're a loser. Let them fly the flag and let me laugh at him.
Correct answer. It's an international symbol for losers.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic