Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Traverse City Hair Salon Rejects "Woke" Pronouns and Shit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Traverse City Hair Salon Rejects "Woke" Pronouns and Shit

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:04 pm

This seems very off brand for TC.
In a Facebook post, the owner of Studio 8 Hair Lab said that anyone who identifies as anything other than a man, or a woman needs to get serviced at a local pet groomer.
https://www.9and10news.com/2023/07/11/t ... q-members/

As far as I can tell, they have already pulled/blocked the FB page where the original post exists.

This is really a shame, a blatant attempt to start a fight where there is none there. I'll bet that it was pretty evident that this place was unfriendly to the LGBTQ+ community for a while. Wonder if they think that being mean will bring them new business?

TC Talks

Re: Traverse City Hair Salon Rejects "Woke" Pronouns and Shit

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:54 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:04 pm
This seems very off brand for TC.
In a Facebook post, the owner of Studio 8 Hair Lab said that anyone who identifies as anything other than a man, or a woman needs to get serviced at a local pet groomer.
https://www.9and10news.com/2023/07/11/t ... q-members/

As far as I can tell, they have already pulled/blocked the FB page where the original post exists.

This is really a shame, a blatant attempt to start a fight where there is none there. I'll bet that it was pretty evident that this place was unfriendly to the LGBTQ+ community for a while. Wonder if they think that being mean will bring them new business?
Eat Bay Township is the Macomb County of Traverse City. No one really is paying attention to her.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 pm

Probably not a sound business move.
She seems to have disappeared from Facebook in a brief search.
I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:22 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
...This is really a shame, a blatant attempt to start a fight where there is none there. ...
??
Who's been pushing the bill through Lansing to punish citizens for using the "wrong" pronouns??

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:24 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:22 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
...This is really a shame, a blatant attempt to start a fight where there is none there. ...
??
Who's been pushing the bill through Lansing to punish citizens for using the "wrong" pronouns??
Yes, the nutters that run our state government want to remove the first amendment, probably by next week they'll be working removing larynx too:
https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-prono ... wn-1810459
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:24 pm
km1125 wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
??
Yes, the nutters that run our state government want to remove the first amendment, probably by next week they'll be working removing larynx too:
You are fake news: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mic ... onoun-use/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:43 pm

Thanks Matt. I was in the process of trying to answer, but yours was perfect.

Here's my point - So you aren't comfortable around gay people, or trans gender, so what? They have probably already felt that vibe and the word is out.. I'm sure Studio 8 has a non-existent LGBTQ+ clientele. What bothers me is the need to brag about it... to be MEAN (the dog groomer line). I read somewhere that the smartest people are also always the kindest people. Probably true..

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:44 pm

#km1125LM
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:24 pm
km1125 wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
??
They should really take away your second amendment first. That would be the Christian thing to do.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
??
Nobody that’s who.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:36 am

The Newsweek article, I shared, references a package of bills, and several of them bring up First Amendment issues.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:33 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:36 am
The Newsweek article, I shared, references a package of bills, and several of them bring up First Amendment issues.
You have to give some of those folks a break. Reading is a challenge for them.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:12 am

House Bill 4474 seeks to expand what constitutes as a hate crime in Michigan as it relates to real or perceived identifying characteristics including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and more. The bill also outlines the punishments for such crimes.
Nowhere in the bill does it explicitly criminalize the use of incorrect pronouns.
I credit Channel 4 in Detroit for the astute analysis above. Your desire to make something real does not actually make it real.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:20 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:12 am
House Bill 4474 seeks to expand what constitutes as a hate crime in Michigan as it relates to real or perceived identifying characteristics including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and more. The bill also outlines the punishments for such crimes.
Nowhere in the bill does it explicitly criminalize the use of incorrect pronouns.
I credit Channel 4 in Detroit for the astute analysis above. Your desire to make something real does not actually make it real.
His argument is that a TV judge contradicts that. :lol: :lol: :lol
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:39 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:12 am
Read the actual text. Yes, it does not EXPLICITLY refer to the "incorrect use of pronouns", but it leaves the field WIDE OPEN to interpretation. One of the crimes listed is "intimidates another individual" and it's based on "perceived characteristics".

And they removed the language "with a specific intent to intimidate or harass". It leaves the entire bill wide open to interpretation that ANY action can be a "hate crime" based on what someone PERCEIVES as intimidation. It also tries to side-step limits on the First Amendment only if that free speech "serves a legitimate purpose".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic