Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Donald Trump wins endorsements from Michigan's GOP members of Congress

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Donald Trump wins endorsements from Michigan's GOP members of Congress

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:00 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 401795007/

Why in the hell would they endorse someone this early on? And especially a piece of shit like Trump?

It's time politicians realize Twitter isnt real life and stop pandering to idiots. Republicans continue to be their own worst enemy.

Matt

Re: Donald Trump wins endorsements from Michigan's GOP members of Congress

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:06 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:00 pm
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 401795007/

Why in the hell would they endorse someone this early on? And especially a piece of shit like Trump?

It's time politicians realize Twitter isnt real life and stop pandering to idiots. Republicans continue to be their own worst enemy.
Ugh, that is disappointing. Fuck trump.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:08 pm

The reason is simple - they don't want to face a Trump-backed primary challenger. They don't want to endure the same fate as Peter Meijer.

That said, I still cringed when I learned of the endorsement.

In the general election, the whores - I mean congresspeople - who reside in purple districts (example: John James) will try to avoid mentioning Trump by name as much as possible.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:53 pm

Three cheers for the MiGOP leadership
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:34 am

If Fred Upton was still in Congress he wouldn't endorse Trump, he'd have been challenged in the primary every year until he retired if he was still in Congress. Yeah, those in swing areas aren't going to mention Trump come fall of 2024 as MWMet said. If I was running for congress I'd just say I'll wait on endorsing a candidate for president. 2024 anyone but Trump or Biden as they are tards.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:41 am

MasterB wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:34 am
If Fred Upton was still in Congress he wouldn't endorse Trump, he'd have been challenged in the primary every year until he retired if he was still in Congress. Yeah, those in swing areas aren't going to mention Trump come fall of 2024 as MWMet said. If I was running for congress I'd just say I'll wait on endorsing a candidate for president. 2024 anyone but Trump or Biden as they are tards.
Nominate me… I won’t fuck it up at least.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:55 am

Funny thing is, on the state level, apparently just 3 legislators so far have also endorsed Trump. (Two are usual suspects, I'm less familiar with the third.) Compare that to DeSantis, where just over a third of legislators (25 of 72 between the two chambers) have declared for him. Granted, that report came a month ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic