Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford shooter showing erratic behavior

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Oxford shooter showing erratic behavior

Post by Round Six » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm

A teenager awaiting sentencing for killing four students at a Michigan high school has been “exhibiting sporadic, disturbing behavior” in jail, prosecutors said, just a month before a key hearing to determine if he will serve a life prison term.

When all this happened, I said I think he should be freed when he turns 18. Yeah, the crime was horrific. But he was only 15. And his parents share more of the blame than him, my personal opinion.

https://milawyersweekly.com/news/2023/0 ... r-in-jail/

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

km1125

Re: Oxford shooter showing erratic behavior

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:20 pm

I think it's complete bullshit that ANY juvenile that's guilty of a violent crime gets let out at 18. That's crap. They should serve a term relative to their crimes against society, regardless their age.

And I DO think the parents share some responsibility for this crime. Not for some bullshit "you left a gun unsecured", but because EVERY parent should be held accountable for their kids up till they become adults. Whether that's petty theft, car crashes, assault or murder.

Perhaps THEN we'll get more kids brought up to actually be responsible adults.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:20 pm

Not defending "Ethan" here...
But you spend that much time in jail, solitary confinement, in a cell with cold walls, hard floor, very little privacy, bad bland food, voices he hears from other inmates I am sure that threaten him or say stuff he is not used to hearing....
You're gonna exhibit some behavioral issues....especially if you're an emotionally disturbed kid that he is...
(Irresponsible speculation on my part, just opinions)....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:26 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm
A teenager awaiting sentencing for killing four students at a Michigan high school has been “exhibiting sporadic, disturbing behavior” in jail, prosecutors said, just a month before a key hearing to determine if he will serve a life prison term.

When all this happened, I said I think he should be freed when he turns 18. Yeah, the crime was horrific. But he was only 15. And his parents share more of the blame than him, my personal opinion.

https://milawyersweekly.com/news/2023/0 ... r-in-jail/
Madisyn Baldwin, age 17, Tate Myre, age 16, Hana St. Juliana, age 14, Justin Shilling, age 17...
Would more than likely disagree with you, if they could...

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:57 pm

That piece of shit deserves everything he has coming to him, both legally and during his prison sentence. I have zero (negative, if that were a thing) empathy for him, mentally ill or not.

And yes, the same goes for the parents, who should have used protection 16-ish years ago…
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:40 pm

What Ethan Crumbly did was horrific. It was premeditated. Four young lives were lost.

However ....
It still was his first offense and he was only 15.

Let me ask this question. A 15 year old kid throws a cinder block off a highway overpass. The car crashes and people die. It's the first time the kid has ever been in trouble. Should he get life without parole?

You know as well as I do that kid's punishment isn't going to be 1/10th what they want to do to Ethan Crumbley. There's a good chance he never serves time.

Heck, and I think you would grudgingly agree with me. And threads here in Michigan Political would back me up. How much jail time does an adult get for killing someone? If Ethan Crumbley had waited until he was an adult to shoot up a school or a Walmart or whatever, would he be out in 20 years?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:20 pm

If we're talking about an 8-year old kid, I might entertain the conversation with you. a 15-year old knows right from wrong unless they're a completely insane sociopath (and that's a whole 'nother conversation). Did his parents fail him? Absolutely. Did people within the school fail him? I believe so. But I can't give someone a pass for 4 murders solely based on age and "first offense"...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:40 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:40 pm
What Ethan Crumbly did was horrific. It was premeditated. Four young lives were lost.

However ....

Let me ask this question. A 15 year old kid throws a cinder block off a highway overpass. The car crashes and people die. It's the first time the kid has ever been in trouble. Should he get life without parole?

You know as well as I do that kid's punishment isn't going to be 1/10th what they want to do to Ethan Crumbley. There's a good chance he never serves time.

Heck, and I think you would grudgingly agree with me. And threads here in Michigan Political would back me up. How much jail time does an adult get for killing someone? If Ethan Crumbley had waited until he was an adult to shoot up a school or a Walmart or whatever, would he be out in 20 years?
We’re comparing throwing a brick to someone who unleashed mass terror on children. Sorry, he’s a fucking terrorist. Needs at least 30-40 years if not life. Same with his parents.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:27 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:40 pm

However ....

Society must be protected from him.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:05 am

Everyone has good points.
I still stand by what I said to begin with.
He was a kid. His parents made him what y'all say he is.

Sure a good physiological exam should be done first. But if he truly shows remorse for what he committed, and those examining him are convinced, he should be released by the time he's 21.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:05 am

Sure a good physiological exam should be done first. But if he truly shows remorse for what he committed, and those examining him are convinced, he should be released by the time he's 21.
You are absolutely nuts.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:28 pm

AndyD wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 pm
Round Six wrote:

You are absolutely nuts.
I agree. He didn't do a "kid" crime and those who got killed aren't any less dead when he turns 21.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:28 pm
AndyD wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 pm
Round Six wrote:

You are absolutely nuts.
I agree. He didn't do a "kid" crime and those who got killed aren't any less dead when he turns 21.
There are zero indications that he has expressed remorse. Even if he had, and meant it, he committed a crime that deserves more of a "few years" of punishment. The human, especially male brain is still developing even at 21. Round Six, thankfully you are in the far extreme minority on this topic. I would hate to live in a society where there were more of you.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:08 pm

I'm so torn on this.

I got ripped off as a kid, too. A part of me wants to believe there's time and hope for this kid. On the other hand, the kids he killed don't have any more time. Their time is up. It's so frustrating because some people just should not have children or be parents.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:57 pm

AndyD wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 pm
.... The human, especially male brain is still developing even at 21 ...
Ponder what you just said.

If our brains are still developing at 21, can we both agree they are nowhere near developed at 15?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic