Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Move to Michigan for safe abortions and transgender protections

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Move to Michigan for safe abortions and transgender protections

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:25 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:25 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:56 am
The numbers are also rather misleading. It matters how many total abortions there were in raw numbers. The ratio of percent of abortions to percent of the population doesn’t. If you’re gonna do this… do it right man.
Good to know because the whole "Black Lives Matter" police brutality movement depends on percentages NOT raw numbers.
Had they been smart they would have called it “Black Lives Matter Too!”… but alas they didn’t.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:06 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:04 am
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:48 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:46 pm

ACA is not responsible for price increases... Lack of regulation by Republicans. Tell me they didn't turn a blind eye to price gouging.
Horseshit. Don't try and deflect. Barry sold it by touting the fact it would bring health insurance prices down, if I liked my plan, I could keep my plan as well as my Doctor. He and the dems wrote it and passed it without any Republican input nor single Republican vote. It reduced my ability to choose my health care (So much for being pro choice) options as well as increased my deductible considerably.

Go sit down.
Or the insurance you had didn’t meet a bare minimum standard as outlined in the law. I assume you are buying your health insurance yourself?
I do. And who are you, or anybody, to choose what level of coverage is right for me? Shall I choose how many weeks a woman can be pregnant before she's not able to have an abortion?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:06 am
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

ACA is not responsible for price increases... Lack of regulation by Republicans. Tell me they didn't turn a blind eye to price gouging.
Horseshit. Don't try and deflect. Barry sold it by touting the fact it would bring health insurance prices down, if I liked my plan, I could keep my plan as well as my Doctor. He and the dems wrote it and passed it without any Republican input nor single Republican vote. It reduced my ability to choose my health care (So much for being pro choice) options as well as increased my deductible considerably.

Go sit down.
Or the insurance you had didn’t meet a bare minimum standard as outlined in the law. I assume you are buying your health insurance yourself?
I do. And who are you, or anybody, to choose what level of coverage is right for me? Shall I choose how many weeks a woman can be pregnant before she's not able to have an abortion?
Why do you constantly blame me when I bring it up? Shoot the messenger much?

I’m telling you the rationale good bad or indifferent.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:27 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Go sit down.

Great! Then we agree. ACA limits my healthcare choices.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Go sit down.

But likely saves you from something you would hate if something catastrophic happens… that’s the idea… you’d have some horrible thing happen to you and this insurance you are complaining about losing would leave you high and dry.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Go sit down.

But likely saves you from something you would hate if something catastrophic happens… that’s the idea… you’d have some horrible thing happen to you and this insurance you are complaining about losing would leave you high and dry.
Evidently you have difficulty in understanding how catastrophic insurance works. It protects you from catastrophic events and you pay for normal doctors visits etc out of your pocket.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:44 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Go sit down.

Evidently you have difficulty in understanding how catastrophic insurance works. It protects you from catastrophic events and you pay for normal doctors visits etc out of your pocket.
And that’s why it did not meet the minimum standard they set… you would be paying for a lot more than simple doctors visits out of pocket.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:46 pm

And if I'm able to do so and want to make the choice to pay out of pocket up to a certain amount, why should I be prohibited?

Again. Just admit it. ACA is anti choice for healthcare.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
His policy probably didn't provide him pregnancy benefits as a male, and that's probably why it was rejected.

:lol

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:19 pm
And that’s why it did not meet the minimum standard they set… you would be paying for a lot more than simple doctors visits out of pocket.
So, instead of paying a couple hundred once a year or so for those simple doctor's visits, we all now have to pay a couple hundred A MONTH even if we have NO doctors visits!!

MAKES SENSE!!

DOH!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:19 pm
So, instead of paying a couple hundred once a year or so for those simple doctor's visits, we all now have to pay a couple hundred A MONTH even if we have NO doctors visits!!

MAKES SENSE!!

DOH!
I tried one of those… got sick immediately after signing up and had to pay $2000 i didn’t have out of pocket. It was a nightmare. I will NEVER have a high deductible health plan again.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:24 pm

There is so much talk about mental health in this country every time some kid gets shot. When I was with BCN,my weekly therapy visits (over Zoom) were a $20 copay. Great price. But then the company switched over to HAP and suddenly it's all this "out of network" crap. So after seeing the same therapist for almost a year, I almost lost out seeing her. Fortunately, she does a private out-of-pocket practice, so now it's $80 every visit. They sure don't fucking make it easy, do they.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:11 am

craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
The numbers are also rather misleading. It matters how many total abortions there were in raw numbers. The ratio of percent of abortions to percent of the population doesn’t. If you’re gonna do this… do it right man.
Good to know because the whole "Black Lives Matter" police brutality movement depends on percentages NOT raw numbers.
So, you're cool with any amount of police brutality? Got it.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:13 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:46 pm
And if I'm able to do so and want to make the choice to pay out of pocket up to a certain amount, why should I be prohibited?

Again. Just admit it. ACA is anti choice for healthcare.
I go to Mayo and have no problem accessing any care I choose. You sure struggle with things... I'm on an ACA plan, and BCBS hates it.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:11 am
craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
So, you're cool with any amount of police brutality? Got it.
I don't think you are as stupid as you come across sometimes. But I'm not too sure.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic