Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Move to Michigan for safe abortions and transgender protections

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Move to Michigan for safe abortions and transgender protections

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:12 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:36 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:11 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:25 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:56 am
The numbers are also rather misleading. It matters how many total abortions there were in raw numbers. The ratio of percent of abortions to percent of the population doesn’t. If you’re gonna do this… do it right man.
Good to know because the whole "Black Lives Matter" police brutality movement depends on percentages NOT raw numbers.
So, you're cool with any amount of police brutality? Got it.
I don't think you are as stupid as you come across sometimes. But I'm not too sure.
Acknowledge that there are problem cops that escape scrutiny and my tone will change. They are a stain on good peace officers. What do you think about community policing?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:12 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
The numbers are also rather misleading. It matters how many total abortions there were in raw numbers. The ratio of percent of abortions to percent of the population doesn’t. If you’re gonna do this… do it right man.
Good to know because the whole "Black Lives Matter" police brutality movement depends on percentages NOT raw numbers.
I don't think you are as stupid as you come across sometimes. But I'm not too sure.
Acknowledge that there are problem cops that escape scrutiny and my tone will change. They are a stain on good peace officers. What do you think about community policing?
Crome-ridden inner city neighborhoods with broken families, high unemployment, and terrible educational achievement are a greater blight on minority communities than bad police officers are on their profession. It's why you live in TC and head to Mayo rather than Brightmoor with trips to Detroit Receiving for your healthcare. You libel people who point that out though and declare it taboo for discussion.

Why should we honor your anti-cop crusade as legitimate?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:00 pm

RadioRat wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:12 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Crome-ridden inner city neighborhoods with broken families, high unemployment, and terrible educational achievement are a greater blight on minority communities than bad police officers are on their profession. It's why you live in TC and head to Mayo rather than Brightmoor with trips to Detroit Receiving for your healthcare. You libel people who point that out though and declare it taboo for discussion.

Why should we honor your anti-cop crusade as legitimate?
Because I helped found the Walk for Justice with Focus Hope in 1986 while your parents neglected you and taught you racism. I've been involved with helping poverty resolve poverty related challenges longer than you have had an intelligent thought in your brain. These are starts. Go back to watching Duck Dyansty reruns and leave the big ideas to people who can afford the effort to care about Michigan’s citizens.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:29 am

It looks like the push to restricted women from safe abortions has backfired.
Abortions Rose in Most States This Year, New Data Shows

Legal abortions most likely increased in the United States in the first six months of the year compared with 2020, an analysis of new estimates shows, as states with more permissive abortion laws absorbed patients traveling from those with bans and access to abortion pills via telemedicine continued to expand.

New research from the Guttmacher Institute offers the latest view of legal abortions since the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision last year upended access to abortion nationwide and allowed more than a dozen states to ban or restrict the procedure.

The data suggests that thousands of women have crossed state lines to obtain an abortion, in the face of restrictions at home. It also indicates a rise in abortions among those living in states where the procedure is legal.
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:08 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:24 pm
There is so much talk about mental health in this country every time some kid gets shot. When I was with BCN,my weekly therapy visits (over Zoom) were a $20 copay. Great price. But then the company switched over to HAP and suddenly it's all this "out of network" crap. So after seeing the same therapist for almost a year, I almost lost out seeing her. Fortunately, she does a private out-of-pocket practice, so now it's $80 every visit. They sure don't fucking make it easy, do they.
I had an EPO from BCBS that tried to make each health visit I had in 2017 a mental health visit simply because my PCP does a mental health "check in" for each patient during most visits. Had to fight with their appeal board to get my PCP visits covered because they were saying each visit was mental health. Total BS.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:03 pm

TC:

One inconvenience that I have: a monthly co-pay for one of my prescriptions is $500; this is AFTER insurance. The GoodRx price at a local drug store is $510.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:48 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:03 pm
TC:

One inconvenience that I have: a monthly co-pay for one of my prescriptions is $500; this is AFTER insurance. The GoodRx price at a local drug store is $510.
Look into the many foundations that help people meet their copay. Also consider looking at Healthcare.gov. Very good plans.
― Noam Chomsky

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:34 pm

TC: Tried it; almost no help. Not much better there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic