Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan poised to ban employers from firing workers for having abortions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Michigan poised to ban employers from firing workers for having abortions

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -abortions

From the article:

“This bill will make sure that women cannot be fired or retaliated against based on their reproductive health decisions,” said Rep. Carrie Rheingans, D-Ann arbor. “Those decisions should never make a woman afraid that she is getting forced out of her job.”

Funny, she and the rest of Democrats had no problem making sure that women could be fired or retaliated against based on their vaccination health decisions.

Rate This

Re: Michigan poised to ban employers from firing workers for having abortions

Post by Rate This » Fri May 12, 2023 12:13 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm

From the article:

“This bill will make sure that women cannot be fired or retaliated against based on their reproductive health decisions,” said Rep. Carrie Rheingans, D-Ann arbor. “Those decisions should never make a woman afraid that she is getting forced out of her job.”

Funny, she and the rest of Democrats had no problem making sure that women could be fired or retaliated against based on their vaccination health decisions.
Let’s do this slowly. Reproductive decisions involve the two people reproducing. Being vaccinated to reduce the chances of you burdening the healthcare system more than you need to is different. That burden and strain on the system as a whole affects EVERYONE if you decide to be selfish.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri May 12, 2023 12:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:13 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

Let’s do this slowly. Reproductive decisions involve the two people reproducing. Being vaccinated to reduce the chances of you burdening the healthcare system more than you need to is different. That burden and strain on the system as a whole affects EVERYONE if you decide to be selfish.
So do a lot of other health issues, obesity being primary. Should government force obese people to slim down to lessen the burden and reduce costs or make them lose their jobs?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 12, 2023 1:31 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

So do a lot of other health issues, obesity being primary. Should government force obese people to slim down to lessen the burden and reduce costs or make them lose their jobs?
Adding a category in a system that was fairly balanced throws everything off. Those examples you cite were already accounted for. Easing the burden of the extra new thing is what was needed. This is simple stuff. Try to keep up.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri May 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:31 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

Adding a category in a system that was fairly balanced throws everything off. Those examples you cite were already accounted for. Easing the burden of the extra new thing is what was needed. This is simple stuff. Try to keep up.
I guess I wouldn't have expected you to be one to advocate that it's the government's business to make healthcare choices for women. But, we live in a bizarre world.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

I guess I wouldn't have expected you to be one to advocate that it's the government's business to make healthcare choices for women. But, we live in a bizarre world.
When it comes to something that can affect others it’s all of our business. Shall we go word for word so it makes sense?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri May 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:27 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

When it comes to something that can affect others it’s all of our business. Shall we go word for word so it makes sense?
Kind of like standing up for unborn children?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 12, 2023 2:59 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

Can I fire you for having Christian Nationalist beliefs?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri May 12, 2023 3:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:59 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:

From the article:

Can I fire you for having Christian Nationalist beliefs?
Yeah, I guess, have at it. To be honest though, I would have quit your company long before that.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 13, 2023 6:44 am

I am inclined to support this legislation.

The personal medical care I seek is none of my employer's fucking business so long as my actions do not pose harm to others in the company and do not negatively affect my ability to perform my job duties. (Not taking proper precaution to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection when a legitimate pandemic was still occurring certainly does pose risk of harm to others in the company.)

I like the phony strawman arguments some Republicans presented during debate on the house floor. Politicians are such lying cocksuckers.

Employers certainly shouldn't be required to fund (via health insurance) elective abortion procedures; there's nothing in this legislation that would require them to do so.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 13, 2023 8:42 am

Are there even examples of anyone ever getting fired for an abortion? This seems very unnecessary.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 13, 2023 9:10 am

Matt wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:42 am
Are there even examples of anyone ever getting fired for an abortion? This seems very unnecessary.
This is about saving face with people like Audiophile and BMW for getting their asses handed to them in the abortion referendum. What they haven't learned is that Michigan wants and will protect access to safe abortions.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Well… what if a business finds out someone has one and that business is like a Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby and they have “Christian beliefs” that guide their business dealings? That’s where this is going I think…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm
Matt wrote:
Well… what if a business finds out someone has one and that business is like a Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby and they have “Christian beliefs” that guide their business dealings? That’s where this is going I think…
Don't forget Khristian broadcasters...

― Noam Chomsky

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat May 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm
Matt wrote:
So no one has been fired, simply a "just in case" type of law. OK, so isn't that like the argument for outlawing late term abortions? Pro-abortion folks keep telling us that they don't happen and so there is no need to outlaw them. But to be safe, we should ban them just to be sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic