Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The ACLU is against this bill. I'll be on my 2 meter or HF radio if you need me...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: The ACLU is against this bill. I'll be on my 2 meter or HF radio if you need me...

Post by audiophile » Sat May 06, 2023 2:03 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Looks like Michigan is catching up to the rest of the world.
Still not banned at restaurants.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: The ACLU is against this bill. I'll be on my 2 meter or HF radio if you need me...

Post by Rate This » Sat May 06, 2023 3:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:03 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Who has banned it at a restaurant and what’s the penalty? The soup Nazi stealing your plate out from under your nose?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat May 06, 2023 4:05 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:03 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
They should be. I'll keep hoping for it

Thoughts and prayers.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 06, 2023 4:36 pm

I frequently see "Don't Use" requests about mobile devices on menus. Other places want you to order from your device.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:48 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 1:58 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:19 pm
Fri May 05, 2023 5:31 pm
It's bullshit. I am perfectly safe to drive hands free. The people eating and doing makeup while driving are far more dangerous.
They want you to drive hands free. They don’t want soccer moms driving 2023 Lincoln navigators which have multiple hands free systems still using the damn phone to their ear veering all over the road. I don’t get it… with a way to be hands free in a new car… why do people screw with holding the phone to their ear still?
No, I mean I drive with it in my lap. And I may dial a number at a light. That should be legal. The information essentially says the phone cannot be touching your person.
Time to get CarPlay or android auto on your car radio.
I have a 2009 Saab, and I am not getting shit. They said they won't fine you unless you get into an accident. Other than a drunk idiot backing into me in a crowded area after Ferndale Pride, I don't have an incident to my name. Totally not my fault. There were pedestrians all around me so I couldn't back up. Idiot rear ended the guy in front of me, panicked, and threw it into reverse and hit the gas.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 06, 2023 7:42 pm

Sat May 06, 2023 5:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
It's bullshit. I am perfectly safe to drive hands free. The people eating and doing makeup while driving are far more dangerous.
They want you to drive hands free. They don’t want soccer moms driving 2023 Lincoln navigators which have multiple hands free systems still using the damn phone to their ear veering all over the road. I don’t get it… with a way to be hands free in a new car… why do people screw with holding the phone to their ear still?
No, I mean I drive with it in my lap. And I may dial a number at a light. That should be legal. The information essentially says the phone cannot be touching your person.
I have a 2009 Saab, and I am not getting shit. They said they won't fine you unless you get into an accident. Other than a drunk idiot backing into me in a crowded area after Ferndale Pride, I don't have an incident to my name. Totally not my fault. There were pedestrians all around me so I couldn't back up. Idiot rear ended the guy in front of me, panicked, and threw it into reverse and hit the gas.
I upgraded my 2008 Lucerne… great idea. It’s like having a new car. $600. You can get cheaper ones. If you must hold the thing and fool with it while moving… famous last words.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
I upgraded my 2008 Lucerne… great idea. It’s like having a new car. $600. You can get cheaper ones. If you must hold the thing and fool with it while moving… famous last words.
I have my phone in my lap or in the passenger seat when talking. I only dial at a light. I am good.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm

Sat May 06, 2023 7:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
I have my phone in my lap or in the passenger seat when talking. I only dial at a light. I am good.
Are we to the point that a phone is an appendage or something?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 8:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Not at all. I am only saying this when I have to call or someone calls me. Being I am on the board for my condo complex, I have to be reachable during the day. Shit happens and I am not always at home.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 06, 2023 9:25 pm

Sat May 06, 2023 8:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Not at all. I am only saying this when I have to call or someone calls me. Being I am on the board for my condo complex, I have to be reachable during the day. Shit happens and I am not always at home.
It literally can’t wait till you’re where you’re going and it’s too inconvenient to pull over?

kager

Post by kager » Sun May 07, 2023 10:23 am

Agreed that there are too many distracted drivers causing injury or death to others on the roads. Some may drive better with the one-size-fits-all legislative overreach being proposed here. (REEEE-member - it's an expensive privilege - not a right - to drive on da Mitt's patchwork quilt of coal tar fixes to potholes (which themselves do not pose a risk to life or property, of course.)

Perhaps a new bible of driver "privileges" (BODP) needs published, and posted prominently in inside each vehicle (but not in an area where the driver may be distracted by the very act of reading it), or public restroom.

It could go something like:
  • Thou shalt not press the button on their phone stating, "Sorry, I can't talk right now" when a call comes in on it whilst driving in da Mitt.
Further, when driving on da Mitt's public roadways, thou shalt not:
  • Adjust the temperature, fan speed, or any other parameter of the vehicle's environmental controls; distractions.
  • Adjust the volume, bass/treble, balance, source or content of the vehicle's sound / entertainment / navigation system; distractions.
  • Converse with, or interact with, any other person, pet or thing within the vehicle; distractions.
  • Eat, drink, inhale or otherwise humanly consume anything which may involve removing eyes from the road or hands from the wheel of the vehicle; distractions.
  • Use the vehicle's mirrors for anything other than informational information related to obtaining the positional relationship of the vehicle being driven to the road or other vehicles sharing said privileged pavement; distractions.
This is but an excerpt of what could be.

Of course, with EV's being 'electronic mobile devices', you'd pretty much be breaking the law by pulling it off the lot or out of driveway.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 07, 2023 10:54 am

kager wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:23 am
Agreed that there are too many distracted drivers causing injury or death to others on the roads. Some may drive better with the one-size-fits-all legislative overreach being proposed here. (REEEE-member - it's an expensive privilege - not a right - to drive on da Mitt's patchwork quilt of coal tar fixes to potholes (which themselves do not pose a risk to life or property, of course.)

Perhaps a new bible of driver "privileges" (BODP) needs published, and posted prominently in inside each vehicle (but not in an area where the driver may be distracted by the very act of reading it), or public restroom.

It could go something like:
  • Thou shalt not press the button on their phone stating, "Sorry, I can't talk right now" when a call comes in on it whilst driving in da Mitt.
Further, when driving on da Mitt's public roadways, thou shalt not:
  • Adjust the temperature, fan speed, or any other parameter of the vehicle's environmental controls; distractions.
  • Adjust the volume, bass/treble, balance, source or content of the vehicle's sound / entertainment / navigation system; distractions.
  • Converse with, or interact with, any other person, pet or thing within the vehicle; distractions.
  • Eat, drink, inhale or otherwise humanly consume anything which may involve removing eyes from the road or hands from the wheel of the vehicle; distractions.
  • Use the vehicle's mirrors for anything other than informational information related to obtaining the positional relationship of the vehicle being driven to the road or other vehicles sharing said privileged pavement; distractions.
This is but an excerpt of what could be.

Of course, with EV's being 'electronic mobile devices', you'd pretty much be breaking the law by pulling it off the lot or out of driveway.
Now that was funny… :rollin

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun May 07, 2023 3:53 pm

Like I said before, my philosophy is it can wait. My voice mail says "Sorry I'm not by the phone right now..."
First off, I'm sure most of us are old enough to remember when there were no cell phones. Or possibly old enough to remember no answering machine at the house. Did anyone have a panic attack when they left the house?

A phone don't need to be answered. A text don't need to be replied to. It can wait until you get where you're going.

Like I said earlier, what if you get in a fender bender or someone steps out in the road, you hit them but it's not your fault. Here's a Blues Clue. If you had a phone up to your ear, and someone seen it, you're screwed.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 07, 2023 4:50 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 3:53 pm

First off, I'm sure most of us are old enough to remember when there were no cell phones. Or possibly old enough to remember no answering machine at the house.

I remember it like it was today. Oh, wait. It is today.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 07, 2023 5:38 pm

Have a teenager dial a rotary phone. LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic