Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How To Pass A Background Check If You Want A Gun

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: How To Pass A Background Check If You Want A Gun

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:40 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:27 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:03 pm
Only in your fantasies was Obama an "existential threat to white men". He was a threat to the county, as evidenced by the numerous Executive Orders that were unconstitutional (and overturned).
You mean all ONE of them that was overturned?? The ONE regarding immigration? "Numerous" is a bit hyperbole, wouldn't you say?
I think you're off by about an order of magnitude. The real answer is somewhere between 9 and 13. And I would say that's "numerous" when compared to other presidents.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:58 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:40 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
km1125 wrote:
Only in your fantasies was Obama an "existential threat to white men". He was a threat to the county, as evidenced by the numerous Executive Orders that were unconstitutional (and overturned).
You mean all ONE of them that was overturned?? The ONE regarding immigration? "Numerous" is a bit hyperbole, wouldn't you say?
I think you're off by about an order of magnitude. The real answer is somewhere between 9 and 13. And I would say that's "numerous" when compared to other presidents.
Here, I'll do the research for you:

Nine actually started under the administration of George W. Bush, but the Obama Justice Department handled the appellate process for those cases.

Three of the cases had nothing to do with Obama’s Executive Orders. In fact, in one case, the Obama administration wasn’t even a plaintiff or defendant. Rather the Justice Department simply filed a brief supporting the Massachusetts law being challenged.

One in which the courts blocked the implementation of the orders, ending in a 4–4 tie at the Supreme Court. That was regarding Obama’s orders regarding immigration.

The Internet makes research MUCH easier. So, rather than wildly guessing... look it up!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 am

km1125 wrote:

He was sending messages to the populace as a whole that they would not be able to protect themselves in the future if he got his way (regarding gun control). THAT would (and should) scare any American, which includes all minorities. They've already been disproportionally affected and at a severe disadvantage due to leftist policies in large cities.
You must not study politics very closely, Obama's terms wasn't extraordinary in the use of the tools he has available to him. Boehner and Chicken Neck Mitch both vowed to block anything Obama did, and I don't believe they saw eye to eye on anything. But it goes that way sometimes.

Obama was for the same gun management that is being discussed today. Do you recall anything that fell outside restrictions for rapid fire assault weapons and tighter background checks?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:56 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:58 am
km1125 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
km1125 wrote:

Nine actually started under the administration of George W. Bush, but the Obama Justice Department handled the appellate process for those cases.

Three of the cases had nothing to do with Obama’s Executive Orders. In fact, in one case, the Obama administration wasn’t even a plaintiff or defendant. Rather the Justice Department simply filed a brief supporting the Massachusetts law being challenged.

One in which the courts blocked the implementation of the orders, ending in a 4–4 tie at the Supreme Court. That was regarding Obama’s orders regarding immigration.

The Internet makes research MUCH easier. So, rather than wildly guessing... look it up!
And all of those nine... he neither rescinded with an executive order (which he easily could have done, if he disagreed with them), but also took on the defense of them once he got in office. At that point, he owned them.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:18 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:56 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:58 am
km1125 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
km1125 wrote:

And all of those nine... he neither rescinded with an executive order (which he easily could have done, if he disagreed with them), but also took on the defense of them once he got in office. At that point, he owned them.
So, by that logic: tRump owned them as well, since he didn't rescind them. Now Biden does. Extending that, Biden owns all of the executive orders ever written! WTF?!?!?
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 pm

A good article regarding the nature and origin of guns used in the commission of crimes:

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/10/11539779 ... nce-report
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 pm
A good article regarding the nature and origin of guns used in the commission of crimes:

Thanks for posting this, I wonder why it took 20 years. Studying a problem is the first step to solve a problem.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:19 pm

My first executive order would be "no semi trucks in the left lane, Goddamnit!"
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

According to the article, the majority of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns, stolen guns, and by people not allowed to be in possession of a gun. Why aren't we focusing on that instead of background checks?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:24 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

According to the article, the majority of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns, stolen guns, and by people not allowed to be in possession of a gun. Why aren't we focusing on that instead of background checks?
So, in other words, that study really just confirmed what most of us already knew. Wonder how much money it cost to commission and distribute that study, and how many man-hours were consumed. Both resources that could have been put towards actually solving the problems we knew were already out there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic