Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The proposed Ford JV battery plant in Marshall should not receive any state tax credits or incentives

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Re: The proposed Ford JV battery plant in Marshall should not receive any state tax credits or incentives

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:37 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Barf x 1000:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 954593007/
The Michigan Senate late Tuesday advanced a $1.3 billion spending bill that earmarked at least half of the new money for luring a Ford Motor Co. battery plant to Calhoun County.

The 22-16 vote came about five hours after the spending bill was revealed in the Senate Appropriations Committee.
How can you not be excited about 2500 jobs paying $45,000/year? Imagine all the trailer parks that will spring up to handle the worker housing demand? The dollar stores that will be needed to sell goods to the workers. Five Below, Big Lots, hell maybe Walmart will open up in Marshall to provide the finest clothing around to satisfy the new workers' tastes. Game changer!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The proposed Ford JV battery plant in Marshall should not receive any state tax credits or incentives

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:01 am

Maybe a new Dollar General? That would be hella exciting. :blink

In all seriousness, it is very surprising that both Marshall and Albion lack either a Walmart or Meijer.

Many towns in West Michigan of similar size have at least one. Marshall is only a 12 mile drive from Battle Creek, so in their case, I guess it sorta makes sense, but Albion (a college town that also has 8,000 full-time residents) is at least a 20 mile drive from both BC and Jackson.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:15 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:01 am

In all seriousness, it is very surprising that both Marshall and Albion lack either a Walmart or Meijer.
Maybe that explains why Kmart hung around so long in Marshall? It is a little unusual though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic