Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CPS Fails Yet Again

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: CPS Fails Yet Again

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm

Folks, allow me a moment to tell you a story about a close friend and his experience with MI CPS.

This is a story about someone we'll call "Allan". Allan is married to a woman (Diana) with two young daughters from a previous marriage, aged 4 and 9. Allan has a beautiful relationship with these two girls, who have taken to him like he is their father. Allan helped raise the youngest from the time she was barely a year old.

It was July 2021. Allan is out walking his dog. Suddenly, he gets a call from his wife, where she is stuttering and sputtering and manages to get the words "Just get home. Now." So, Allan walks up the street with the dog, thinking one of the kids drew on the wall with a sharpie or something. Nothing big.

As Allan approaches the house, he sees a white Ford Focus sitting in front of his house. His wife is out front with a woman, talking. As he walks up, he sees something about "CPS" on the car. He begins to wonder what is going on. Did something happen to one of the kids at school? Did their "father" pull some bullshit?

As he walks up, his wife begins to say something but is interrupted by the woman who asks "Are you Allan?" Allan says "Yes. I am. Is everything okay?" The woman proceeds to tell him that the youngest child has made an accusation of inappropriate touching against Allan. For a split second, which felt like forever, Allan was lost in a fog. Is this for real? What the fuck is this all about? The woman tells Allan that there will be an investigation, that he should leave the home and have no contact with the children. She asks a few more questions while Allan begins to tear up. In the window is the youngest child (we'll call her Anna) is knocking on the window, smiling and waving at Allan.

He and his wife go inside. His wife tearfully asks him if he actually has done anything to those kids. He emphatically denies ever doing anything near inappropriate. To either of them. They each make their necessary phone calls, and upon hearing the news, Allan's mother-in-law (the grandmother of the children) invites Allan to stay the course at her house, knowing full well Allan has never done anything wrong. He loves those girls.

He kisses the kids goodbye (with his wife in the room), and he jumps in his car and heads to his mother-in-law's house.

For the next week, he is a wreck. He has seen how these things go. The kids will be interviewed by a psychologist. The police will also be involved. Allan is an absolute wreck. This whole thing has been dumped on him and he knows he's never hurt those girls. Anna has even asked for him to help her in the bath and shower, but he refused, staying she's getting too big for him to be in there while she's naked. He won't even touch Ellen's (the older girl) clothes or do her laundry. He's heard all the stories. He knows there are some sick freaks out there. He knows how those stories end. Railroaded. Prison time. They don't take too kindly to child molesters inside. This is all swimming around in his head while he tries to carry on his normal routine at work. He is also not allowed to have ANY contact with the kids. At ALL.

His wife used to be babysat by someone that is now a lawyer, and has had some high profile cases. She speaks with Allan one day and assures him that these things happen all the time. It happens more often than you would think, which angers Allan, because of how many times you hear of kids falling through the cracks. And here he is, innocent as could be, and he is looking at a very dreary future at best.

The lawyer helps him out, tells him what he needs to know, how things will happen, etc. Eventually, the kids go in (alone. Just one kid and the doctor. No mom. No Allan. No one) and talk. The usual questions are asked. This worries Allan because he has seen how those questions can be worded. "Did Allan ever make you eggs? Or touch your private areas?" So on and so forth. Plus, he always knew to watch his ass as "Mommy's boyfriend". He always knew he would be looked at first.

There is also communication with the area police department. They will be assisting in this investigation, in the event it becomes criminal.

While all this is going on with Allan, his wife begins to hint around, seeing if she can get some kind of information from Anna. One morning, while laying in bed, she asks if Allan has ever touched her in a place he shouldn't. She shakes her head. She then asks about 'tickling'. Does he tickle you? Yes, she says. So mom asks again, "Where does he tickle you?" She points at her thighs. Mom's heart sinks but is immediately received.

See, how this whole thing got started was, a teacher at Anna's school had tickled Anna's belly. Anna laughs and says "Allan tickles me, too!" And the teacher asks "Oh! And where does he tickle you?" Anna just points down, at her legs, which got us where we were at in that moment.

Anna's family, aunts, great aunts, grandma, mom, everybody does something called "ticky tocky", which is the pinching of thighs to tickle the kid. It has happened for generations. It's not viewed as inappropriate because we're all family, nobody is touching anyone anywhere that they shouldn't be.

Diana grabs her phone and calls her sisters, her mom, her aunt, ANYONE that can help. They all begin going through Facebook posts, texts messages (some even reaching back to 2010) and start putting it all together.

The day of the interviews comes and everything goes okay. The kids bring up no issues, nothing inappropriate, zip, zlich, nada. Diana prints all of the texts and pictures and posts off. She goes in and presents this to the doctor and to the detective. A few days later, the case is closed. The detective calls Allan to let him know what's happening. Allan is relieved and on the verge of tears but takes offense to the detectives tone; almost an underlying "you got away this time, but next time..." attitude. Allan, struggling emotionally at the thought of him hurting those kids, ANY kids, gets snappy. "I understand everyone is just 'doing their jobs', and there are a lot of things you could call me that I wouldn't argue with. But kiddy diddler is not of them. I raised Anna, I gave her baths in the kitchen sink, I changed her diapers, I potty trained her. It would be a cold, cold day in hell before I would even consider doing anything disgusting." By now, the detectives tone changed and just wanted to get off the phone.

Allan comes home and everyone is above the moon. The kids hadn't heard from or seen him in a week (which is great, because it isn't like their father all but abandoned them in the first place). He holds the girls a little tighter, realizing he could have lost them forever. One thing is for sure...Allan no longer did "ticky tocky" with Anna. Maybe she IS getting a little too big for that...

So. They don't have time for their case loads? They always fuck up? I think Allan would have a different viewpoint on all of this. So how did THIS kid get neglected? Maybe he should have merely said "My stepdad tickles me". Perhaps a few more bells would have gone off.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:31 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:44 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:55 pm
Translation: We couldn't give two shits about that kid, and are more concerned with covering up evidence and passing blame.
Translation: The Republican House and Senate in Michigan kept cutting the DHHS budget until caseloads became unrealistic. Why do you think this was one of the first things Whitener is properly funding now that we have a Democratic majority.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed Senate Bill 82 and House Bill 4400 on Wednesday which finalizes the $70 billion Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 state budget. The bills allocated $31.7 billion to the Health and Human Services budget — which is around $237 million less than FY 2021.

Steve Angelotti, associate director of Human Services at the Senate Fiscal Agency, says this is mainly a “continuation budget”, which continues to fund currently implemented programs and funds some add-ons of special programs. He says most of the larger health initiatives are “at the margins” and will likely pass this fall as supplemental budget bills, due to their lack of development for the looming Oct. 1 start of FY 2022.
Have you ever known a CPS worker? They just don't have enough time to get the work done.
Makes perfect sense in your world tc. Increase CPS budget to fix their problems yet defund the police budget to fix theirs.
Exactly, supply more social safety net and less bullies. Our prison population will go down and the workforce will go up. Better for the economy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:30 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm
Folks, allow me a moment to tell you a story about a close friend and his experience with MI CPS.

This is a story about someone we'll call "Allan". Allan is married to a woman (Diana) with two young daughters from a previous marriage, aged 4 and 9. Allan has a beautiful relationship with these two girls, who have taken to him like he is their father. Allan helped raise the youngest from the time she was barely a year old.

It was July 2021. Allan is out walking his dog. Suddenly, he gets a call from his wife, where she is stuttering and sputtering and manages to get the words "Just get home. Now." So, Allan walks up the street with the dog, thinking one of the kids drew on the wall with a sharpie or something. Nothing big.

As Allan approaches the house, he sees a white Ford Focus sitting in front of his house. His wife is out front with a woman, talking. As he walks up, he sees something about "CPS" on the car. He begins to wonder what is going on. Did something happen to one of the kids at school? Did their "father" pull some bullshit?

As he walks up, his wife begins to say something but is interrupted by the woman who asks "Are you Allan?" Allan says "Yes. I am. Is everything okay?" The woman proceeds to tell him that the youngest child has made an accusation of inappropriate touching against Allan. For a split second, which felt like forever, Allan was lost in a fog. Is this for real? What the fuck is this all about? The woman tells Allan that there will be an investigation, that he should leave the home and have no contact with the children. She asks a few more questions while Allan begins to tear up. In the window is the youngest child (we'll call her Anna) is knocking on the window, smiling and waving at Allan.

He and his wife go inside. His wife tearfully asks him if he actually has done anything to those kids. He emphatically denies ever doing anything near inappropriate. To either of them. They each make their necessary phone calls, and upon hearing the news, Allan's mother-in-law (the grandmother of the children) invites Allan to stay the course at her house, knowing full well Allan has never done anything wrong. He loves those girls.

He kisses the kids goodbye (with his wife in the room), and he jumps in his car and heads to his mother-in-law's house.

For the next week, he is a wreck. He has seen how these things go. The kids will be interviewed by a psychologist. The police will also be involved. Allan is an absolute wreck. This whole thing has been dumped on him and he knows he's never hurt those girls. Anna has even asked for him to help her in the bath and shower, but he refused, staying she's getting too big for him to be in there while she's naked. He won't even touch Ellen's (the older girl) clothes or do her laundry. He's heard all the stories. He knows there are some sick freaks out there. He knows how those stories end. Railroaded. Prison time. They don't take too kindly to child molesters inside. This is all swimming around in his head while he tries to carry on his normal routine at work. He is also not allowed to have ANY contact with the kids. At ALL.

His wife used to be babysat by someone that is now a lawyer, and has had some high profile cases. She speaks with Allan one day and assures him that these things happen all the time. It happens more often than you would think, which angers Allan, because of how many times you hear of kids falling through the cracks. And here he is, innocent as could be, and he is looking at a very dreary future at best.

The lawyer helps him out, tells him what he needs to know, how things will happen, etc. Eventually, the kids go in (alone. Just one kid and the doctor. No mom. No Allan. No one) and talk. The usual questions are asked. This worries Allan because he has seen how those questions can be worded. "Did Allan ever make you eggs? Or touch your private areas?" So on and so forth. Plus, he always knew to watch his ass as "Mommy's boyfriend". He always knew he would be looked at first.

There is also communication with the area police department. They will be assisting in this investigation, in the event it becomes criminal.

While all this is going on with Allan, his wife begins to hint around, seeing if she can get some kind of information from Anna. One morning, while laying in bed, she asks if Allan has ever touched her in a place he shouldn't. She shakes her head. She then asks about 'tickling'. Does he tickle you? Yes, she says. So mom asks again, "Where does he tickle you?" She points at her thighs. Mom's heart sinks but is immediately received.

See, how this whole thing got started was, a teacher at Anna's school had tickled Anna's belly. Anna laughs and says "Allan tickles me, too!" And the teacher asks "Oh! And where does he tickle you?" Anna just points down, at her legs, which got us where we were at in that moment.

Anna's family, aunts, great aunts, grandma, mom, everybody does something called "ticky tocky", which is the pinching of thighs to tickle the kid. It has happened for generations. It's not viewed as inappropriate because we're all family, nobody is touching anyone anywhere that they shouldn't be.

Diana grabs her phone and calls her sisters, her mom, her aunt, ANYONE that can help. They all begin going through Facebook posts, texts messages (some even reaching back to 2010) and start putting it all together.

The day of the interviews comes and everything goes okay. The kids bring up no issues, nothing inappropriate, zip, zlich, nada. Diana prints all of the texts and pictures and posts off. She goes in and presents this to the doctor and to the detective. A few days later, the case is closed. The detective calls Allan to let him know what's happening. Allan is relieved and on the verge of tears but takes offense to the detectives tone; almost an underlying "you got away this time, but next time..." attitude. Allan, struggling emotionally at the thought of him hurting those kids, ANY kids, gets snappy. "I understand everyone is just 'doing their jobs', and there are a lot of things you could call me that I wouldn't argue with. But kiddy diddler is not of them. I raised Anna, I gave her baths in the kitchen sink, I changed her diapers, I potty trained her. It would be a cold, cold day in hell before I would even consider doing anything disgusting." By now, the detectives tone changed and just wanted to get off the phone.

Allan comes home and everyone is above the moon. The kids hadn't heard from or seen him in a week (which is great, because it isn't like their father all but abandoned them in the first place). He holds the girls a little tighter, realizing he could have lost them forever. One thing is for sure...Allan no longer did "ticky tocky" with Anna. Maybe she IS getting a little too big for that...

So. They don't have time for their case loads? They always fuck up? I think Allan would have a different viewpoint on all of this. So how did THIS kid get neglected? Maybe he should have merely said "My stepdad tickles me". Perhaps a few more bells would have gone off.
I really firmly believe the folks who created CPS were never touched as children for discipline and led very wholesome and sterile lives atypical of the real world.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:30 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I really firmly believe the folks who created CPS were never touched as children for discipline and led very wholesome and sterile lives atypical of the real world.
I don't think it's like that. I think it's truly helpful. Or it CAN be. This guy goes through hell because he pinched his 4 year old stepdaughter's thigh, like as has been done for years in the family, since she was a baby, yet the child above was being beaten within an inch of his life, and it was reported more than once, and now the poor kid is dead. It's like so many other things. A good idea but there gets to be too many cooks in the kitchen and everything gets fucked up.

-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I know a woman that had her children were taken away by CPS for 6 months while they were "investigated" because she spanked them,

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:15 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I know a woman that had her children were taken away by CPS for 6 months while they were "investigated" because she spanked them,
Thing with that is that there is a vague line somewhere she can cross… 6 months is excessive though.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:01 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 pm

Considering that the company you keep include parent of the year candidates who will tell their daughters that they will buy them a Ford Mustang for keeping their hymen intact, I am willing to venture that there was something more to it than spanking that they didn't tell you about.

That said, CPS does a horrific job investigating abuse cases, that's not new news. More often than not, they seem comfortable with turning a blind eye to abuse, and then what? The kid is left to live in greater fear because no one will help them and the adult will absolutely torture them for standing up. As for the story shared by Mega Hertz, I think that his last line about the girl being too old for that sort of thing is something he shoulda considered long ago and honestly, aside from the detective being an asshole on the phone, I don't think they did too much wrong in that case. I don't think the guy meant anything sexual, but as a guy, you sorta have to know when and where the microscope is going to be on you and sort of accept that because that's never going to change, so you have to sorta consider how your actions could be construed as something more than innocent when you're touching a young girl, context be damned.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:53 am

Give it a rest NB, it just shows your predatory instincts, IMHO. Plus, you are WAY wrong on this one, I don't know her religious beliefs at all.

It was someone my dad worked with a number of years ago, she was a single mother raising two young kids and worked at a GM foundry.

I met her several times, she was nice, but her son was probably a bit ADD (before we called it that). He got spanked with her hand when he misbehaved. CPS overeacted, and the son was so glad to back with his family after 6 months in foster care.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am

CPS doeś a hell of a job. Very thankless. I am proud that our state is proacfive. If only they could get mental health right....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:53 am
Give it a rest NB, it just shows your predatory instincts, IMHO. Plus, you are WAY wrong on this one, I don't know her religious beliefs at all.

It was someone my dad worked with a number of years ago, she was a single mother raising two young kids and worked at a GM foundry.

I met her several times, she was nice, but her son was probably a bit ADD (before we called it that). He got spanked with her hand when he misbehaved. CPS overeacted, and the son was so glad to back with his family after 6 months in foster care.
I don't recall mentioning religion at all, but if the extent of your interaction with this person is that you just met them several times, then that doesn't seem like much to go on. Just because someone seems like a nice person in public doesn't mean they aren't wailing on their children at home. I am kinda lost on why you think that parents should prevent some behaviors with a smack on the ass and others with the promise of a brand new car, when all it took to keep me on the straight and narrow was a sensible discussion about my behavior when I acted like a jackanapes. Perhaps that's too difficult for some people, but I look at where I am in life and I dunno, I get the feeling that teaching kids that actions have consequences is something that can be done without taking frustration out on them or promising to buy them shiny things.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:59 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am
CPS doeś a hell of a job. Very thankless. I am proud that our state is proacfive. If only they could get mental health right....

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:24 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am
...I get the feeling that teaching kids that actions have consequences is something that can be done without taking frustration out on them ...
If that's started EARLY enough in their life and is consistent, then that's probably ALL that is necessary.

I have a feeling that most of these problem kids did not get ANY of that kind of guidance early in their formative years. That feeling is based on an observation of several hundred kids (nieces, nephews, siblings, grandkids, friends kids, acquaintances kids, etc). The longer that development is postponed, the harder the corrections get, and once they become teenagers it then typically becomes a safety and control issue for the parent(s). The influences of friends and peers also then becomes dominant.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:25 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am
Yea, they did a "hell of a job" for the kid in the OP!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:11 pm

Neck is right about one thing. She IS too old (even at 4) for that kind of tickling. But he didn't think about that. That's, in essence, his daughter, and nobody really thought that way. But what may have been harmless fun and tickles in 1970 may not fly in 2021. He knows that now.

-TurkeyTop

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:46 pm

This subject matter hits way way way too close to home for me. There’s a lot of misinformation in this thread that I frankly don’t have time to refute. I will say that CPS can and does make recommendations to the court / Judge that are ignored and over ruled I.e. kids are sent home despite CPS or foster care advising against it. The bigger counties in this state are the worst….

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic