Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Debbie Stabenow will not seek another term

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Debbie Stabenow will not seek another term

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:46 pm

She has served the Manufacturing and Agriculture industries quite well in our state, often by working across the isle. I hope we find a worthy Democrat to replace her.
U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, who has represented Michigan in the U.S. Senate since 2001 and risen to become a member of Democratic leadership in the chamber, announced Thursday morning she would not seek another term in 2024.

Stabenow, 72, who lives in Lansing, was the first woman to be elected a U.S. senator from Michigan in 2000 when she defeated Republican incumbent Sen. Spencer Abraham. Since then, she has won three more six-year terms and serves as chairman of the Agriculture Committee and of the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee.

She gave no specific reason for her decision to depart, other than to say she was ready to spend time with her family, including her 96-year-old mother.

“Inspired by a new generation of leaders, I have decided to pass the torch in the U.S. Senate. I am announcing today that I will not seek re-election and will leave the U.S. Senate at the end of my term on January 3, 2025," Stabenow said in a news release.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: Debbie Stabenow will not seek another term

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:46 pm
She has served the Manufacturing and Agriculture industries quite well in our state, often by working across the isle. I hope we find a worthy Republican to replace her.
U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, who has represented Michigan in the U.S. Senate since 2001 and risen to become a member of Democratic leadership in the chamber, announced Thursday morning she would not seek another term in 2024.

Stabenow, 72, who lives in Lansing, was the first woman to be elected a U.S. senator from Michigan in 2000 when she defeated Republican incumbent Sen. Spencer Abraham. Since then, she has won three more six-year terms and serves as chairman of the Agriculture Committee and of the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee.

She gave no specific reason for her decision to depart, other than to say she was ready to spend time with her family, including her 96-year-old mother.

“Inspired by a new generation of leaders, I have decided to pass the torch in the U.S. Senate. I am announcing today that I will not seek re-election and will leave the U.S. Senate at the end of my term on January 3, 2025," Stabenow said in a news release.
FIFY

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:53 pm

Perhaps you need a reminder how things are going here in Michigan. I am optimistic for the Democratic party.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 pm

I know a few people who worked on her campaign when she was originally running.

They can't STAND her now and were giddy when this news was released!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 pm
I know a few people who worked on her campaign when she was originally running.

They can't STAND her now and were giddy when this news was released!
One of my friends was a Cheif of Staff for her. She is loyal to her team but knows how to get things done...

Agriculture is a cut throat committee. She's also on Finance and Budget. She is quite powerful. Michigan would lose some help when she leaves.

― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:31 am

I'm happy that Debbie Stabenow is retiring she wasn't a good senator for the state of Michigan and did nothing for the state I can't think of anything she has done anything for the state. I ran into Debbie Stabenow at Metro Airport when she was the new senator in March 2001.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:05 am

See ya, Debbie. She has done nothing while Gary has worked his ass off.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:19 am

Aside from being a solid Democratic hack, she has not done much for Michigan. Senator Peters has made more of a name for himself in his 1 plus terms than Stabenow has in her 4 terms. She should have retired years ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic