Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

‘I don't want to run for president,' Whitmer shuts down White House run

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

‘I don't want to run for president,' Whitmer shuts down White House run

Post by Taco » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:06 am

I would absolutely love a Whitmer presidency after her term on governorship!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 43e6334d03

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Matt

Re: ‘I don't want to run for president,' Whitmer shuts down White House run

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:11 am

Taco wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:06 am

You're clearly a fucking idiot. Go away.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:26 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:11 am
Taco wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:06 am

You're clearly a fucking idiot. Go away.
The tide has turned...I am forced to agree with Matt!

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Shortly before the November election, I read on The Week's website that Harris for Prez and Whitmer for Veep is being floated. Only have seen it in that one place.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Shortly before the November election, I read on The Week's website that Harris for Prez and Whitmer for Veep is being floated. Only have seen it in that one place.
Holy shit, I would sincerely be concerned for our country if those two were in charge. Even worse than if Trump were to get back into the Presidency.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:25 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:18 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Holy shit, I would sincerely be concerned for our country if those two were in charge. Even worse than if Trump were to get back into the Presidency.
I would be less concerned with either of them or a moldy ham sandwich than Trump.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:23 pm

Agreed! It should be Whitmer/Harris! (Sorry Matt)

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:11 pm

A Harris/Whitmer ticket would be a sure way to lose. Like it or not, the electorate is not ready for a female president and a female VP. Did we learn nothing from 2016?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:45 am

Whitmer would be a better president than Harris who sucks as VP and does nothing. I wouldn't ever vote Whitmer for president if she ever did run which I don't think she wants to be president in my opinion. I hope that Jennifer Granholm will be impeached she doesn't know jack about energy she wasn't qualified for the job she must go now.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:07 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:11 pm
A Harris/Whitmer ticket would be a sure way to lose. Like it or not, the electorate is not ready for a female president and a female VP. Did we learn nothing from 2016?
I don't think most people would care at this point. The problem is that Harris hasn't done anything to appear presidential. I also believe Whitmer when she says she doesn't want to run, or even be president.

I used to admin a rather large forum a few years ago. One of the things I learned was that the last person you install as a mod is the person who wants to be a mod. The same philosophy applies to people who want to run for president.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:26 am

Earlier in this thread I mentioned I read a blurb about Whitmer running as Veep with Harris. This article floats Whitmer and Harris competing for the 2028 nomination:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... itmer-2028

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:44 pm

Mrs. Mallory just screwed up the state, and I can't see anything that Mrs. Emhoff did in the last 2 years, Granted with a 50-50 Senate split, she had to stay close aboard to break any ties, and couldn't do stuff that the President may have wanted her to do. It may have to stay that way for the next 2 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:43 am

paul8539 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:44 pm
Mrs. Mallory just screwed up the state, and I can't see anything that Mrs. Emhoff did in the last 2 years, Granted with a 50-50 Senate split, she had to stay close aboard to break any ties, and couldn't do stuff that the President may have wanted her to do. It may have to stay that way for the next 2 years.
Go away misogynist.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:25 am

It was my understanding from someone who works directly for Whitmer that she was offered a cabinet position. Transportation would have made total sense for example. She turned it down then and I don't know if she really has an interest for the craziness of national office.

You bastards really have produced no valid reason why you don't like her. Forgive me if I tend not to pay attention to your incessant whining. She would be a moderate leader, and I don't think the Democrats would necessarily embrace that.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:03 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:25 am
It was my understanding from someone who works directly for Whitmer that she was offered a cabinet position. Transportation would have made total sense for example. She turned it down then and I don't know if she really has an interest for the craziness of national office.

You bastards really have produced no valid reason why you don't like her. Forgive me if I tend not to pay attention to your incessant whining. She would be a moderate leader, and I don't think the Democrats would necessarily embrace that.
True. She isn't a hard lefty like people think. Most Dems in this state are not either.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic