Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

‘I don't want to run for president,' Whitmer shuts down White House run

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lidoshuffle

Re: ‘I don't want to run for president,' Whitmer shuts down White House run

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:03 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:25 am
It was my understanding from someone who works directly for Whitmer that she was offered a cabinet position. Transportation would have made total sense for example. She turned it down then and I don't know if she really has an interest for the craziness of national office.

You bastards really have produced no valid reason why you don't like her. Forgive me if I tend not to pay attention to your incessant whining. She would be a moderate leader, and I don't think the Democrats would necessarily embrace that.
True. She isn't a hard lefty like people think. Most Dems in this state are not either.
I don't like her because of her Covid policies, which we all had to adhere to, except her and her family...
I don't like her because her first act as Governor when she was elected in 2018 was to immediately take $$ out of the pockets of the people of Michigan who drive, slapping us with a .45 cents/gal gas tax, which failed in the MI Senate....
I don't like her because her whole re-election campaign was "No Exceptions"
I don't like her because her mom dresses her funny....she wears attire from a Star Wars movie....
I don't like her because I am betting she will at least sniff the air for a WH run in 2024...with enough Dems talking in her ear....
I await intelligent rebuttals and discussion, and the usual stupid replies....

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:24 pm

We have a genius of politics amongst us....

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:24 pm
He isn’t worth responding to.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:50 am

She lied the way through her first four years, why start believing her now?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:50 am

I'll just leave this here. Aren't you a big fan?
Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, taking it through Nov. 11, and provided links to the facts in each case.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... -lies.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 pm
km1125 wrote:

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, taking it through Nov. 11, and provided links to the facts in each case.
So, are you saying she's "just like Trump", or you're OK with his lying now because she is good at it too?

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:51 pm

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 am
TC Talks wrote:

Because you can't think of a response?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:21 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Because you’re an asshole.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 pm

Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:21 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Because you’re an asshole.

Why? Because I don't agree with your politics, so I am a derogatory name?
Instead of debating me or stating your opposite views...
you resort to name calling?
Typical run and hide Liberal....
Eagerly awaiting your next reply...no doubt with more colorful adjectives about me, all because you think your politics are better than everyone else's...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:20 am

I'm just going to take a guess and suggest the politicians you choose to support and the beliefs you seem to communicate here indicate that you're the type of person that generally would be considered a bigot.

You probably aren't the worst person on this board and you're probably not the worst bigot on the planet but in general you seem to communicate an Institutional level hatred towards some people.

And to answer your question, if you communicated this way at your job or in public people would consider Motor City Radio Freak better than you, yes.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

So, are you saying she's "just like Trump", or you're OK with his lying now because she is good at it too?
I'm saying that the outrage you seem to be communicating over the fact that she has to make her decisions because she represents the entire state especially through a pandemic created some no win situations. I just I handed you hundreds of black and white examples of where Trump lied. Please present your evidence or shut the fuck up once and for all about how she has lied, because she absolutely didn't.

The politician that you chose to back deliberately lies for personal financial gain. He's at a psychopathic level and his actions aren't designed to help the country they're designed to help him.

― Noam Chomsky

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:20 am
I'm just going to take a guess and suggest the politicians you choose to support and the beliefs you seem to communicate here indicate that you're the type of person that generally would be considered a bigot.

You probably aren't the worst person on this board and you're probably not the worst bigot on the planet but in general you seem to communicate an Institutional level hatred towards some people.

And to answer your question, if you communicated this way at your job or in public people would consider Motor City Radio Freak better than you, yes.
All because you don't like the same politics I like...so you're better than me and call me a bigot....

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

I'm saying that the outrage you seem to be communicating over the fact that she has to make her decisions because she represents the entire state especially through a pandemic created some no win situations. I just I handed you hundreds of black and white examples of where Trump lied. Please present your evidence or shut the fuck up once and for all about how she has lied, because she absolutely didn't.

The politician that you chose to back deliberately lies for personal financial gain. He's at a psychopathic level and his actions aren't designed to help the country they're designed to help him.
You're the one who brought Trump into the discussion, and only because you couldn't defend Whitmer's lying.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:54 pm

He called me an asshole and compared me to David Lee Roth.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:54 pm

Shit. Wrong forum.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic