Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:06 pm
I'd be happy to lose another couple of red voters from our swing state to deplorable crazyland.
Glad to be of service, as some of us "deplorables" pay hefty Michigan income tax, myself included. Get ready to say "das vadanya" to that money. My neighbor is taking things a step further, and *moving* his Michigan S-Corp to the Cayman Islands.

My issue is with the sissy RINO's, who are so infected with Trump derangement syndrome, they can't back their own party. Good luck with Tyrant Whitmer, and the next flurry of mandates and lockdowns. :smokin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:54 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:20 am
TC Talks wrote:
I'd be happy to lose another couple of red voters from our swing state to deplorable crazyland.
Glad to be of service, as some of us "deplorables" pay hefty Michigan income tax, myself included. Get ready to say "das vadanya" to that money. My neighbor is taking things a step further, and *moving* his Michigan S-Corp to the Cayman Islands.

My issue is with the sissy RINO's, who are so infected with Trump derangement syndrome, they can't back their own party. Good luck with Tyrant Whitmer, and the next flurry of mandates and lockdowns. :smokin
Boohoo I'm sure we're going to miss your tax dollars. We are not having a revenue problem in the state of Michigan. You're like a Karen telling the manager of a Target that she's taking her business elsewhere. If we get enough of your type to leave, we might actually start attracting the right kinds of citizens.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Trump has lost 3 straight elections. Him and his supporters are the RINOs.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Trump has lost 3 straight elections. Him and his supporters are the RINOs.
Keep voting in the Bushies, the neo-cons, and the big spenders. I'll still be here, but it won't have much effect on me.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:54 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Boohoo I'm sure we're going to miss your tax dollars. We are not having a revenue problem in the state of Michigan. You're like a Karen telling the manager of a Target that she's taking her business elsewhere. If we get enough of your type to leave, we might actually start attracting the right kinds of citizens.
I haven't been to Target in years...and most of the "Karen's" around here are on your side, not mine! :lol

The Land Rovers and Subarus blow their cover, but hey, keep the funnies coming. I'll still be here. I just won't be paying as much as you and Matt for the privilege.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:23 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:39 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:51 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:46 am
"typical Republican establishment circles"
Yep. I get the picture. No thanks.
Go with Tudor… let’s make it a trifecta till 2030.
If it's one thing I've learned over the years, it's to not get too cocky.
I'll go with MCRF's favorite politician, DeathSantis.

You see, I have a home in Florida, on one of the alligator filled lakes near Orlando. Some minor paperwork, a trip to the DMV, and presto!... that's my primary residence again. Anyone who doesn't like it can come on down for a visit, and walk toward the lake 'til your hat floats. :hat
Polk County isn't Orlando.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:17 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

So, for those extreme liberals that remain in Michigan that will be aborting their children and grandchildren, who will be left to turn out the lights?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:17 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

So, for those extreme liberals that remain in Michigan that will be aborting their children and grandchildren, who will be left to turn out the lights?
you raise a good point. out of the 1.4% of pregnancies that are terminated, who will be left?? 98.6%?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:17 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Yep, that's how it is in reality. We are all a bunch of aborting fools.

If you understood the concept of pro choice, you'd realize how ridiculous you sound. It's about the choice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:55 am

Hefty state income tax? Give me a break, Colonel.

Our marginal tax rate of 4.25 percent on personal income is one of the lowest rates for northern tier states. WI, IL and IN are all higher. OH is lower, but counties and cities can (and do) levy sales taxes there.

The only folks with TDS are Trumpbots who worship him as an idol. Maybe his stooge candidates would've fared better if he actually threw some meaningful campaign $$$ their way.

Property taxes would be a more legitimate argument perhaps. We're 13th highest nationally as a percentage of property value, but bear in mind that's largely due to the fact very few cities and no counties levy income tax and none levy sales tax here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:09 am

Michigan is ranked 12th best nationally for business tax climate:

https://taxfoundation.org/2023-state-bu ... ate-index/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:41 am

Keep voting in the Bushies, the neo-cons, and the big spenders. I'll still be here, but it won't have much effect on me.
Big spenders? You mean like Trump?

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statist ... nd-outlays

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:49 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:23 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:39 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:51 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:46 am
"typical Republican establishment circles"
Yep. I get the picture. No thanks.
Go with Tudor… let’s make it a trifecta till 2030.
If it's one thing I've learned over the years, it's to not get too cocky.
I'll go with MCRF's favorite politician, DeathSantis.

You see, I have a home in Florida, on one of the alligator filled lakes near Orlando. Some minor paperwork, a trip to the DMV, and presto!... that's my primary residence again. Anyone who doesn't like it can come on down for a visit, and walk toward the lake 'til your hat floats. :hat
Polk County isn't Orlando.
Winter Park isn't in Polk County, Mr. Glib. (Which is a relief to us all) :lol

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:41 am
Big spenders? You mean like Trump?

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statist ... nd-outlays
Hey, I didn't like it when Trump did it either. That's a typical "Republican Lite" theory. If someone doesn't like the Bush clan, or McConnell, or Mitt Romney, then they must be a hardline Trump supporter. The RINO's need to be retired. The country doesn't need to be controlled by Goldman Sachs. You guys run lousy candidates. The late Bob Dole, and John McCain, and Mitt, are all laughable examples.

But back to Michigan...sure, what the hell, let's prop up recycled deadwood talent like Bill Schuette, and Pete Hoekstra, and expect different results, and new ideas. I'm surprised someone didn't suggest John Engler or Spence Abraham 😆

As my old friend Mitch Albom has been saying a lot lately, when discussing politics "There HAS to be somebody better than this"

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:54 am
On the current trajectory, this state will follow Oregon into the abyss.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic