Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:32 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 am

We need to cleanse the party of Trump loyalists.
You mean like DeSantis?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:32 am
Matt wrote:

You mean like DeSantis?
You must not be paying attention.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:01 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
You mean like DeSantis?
I have been watching the bromance for years.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... N10EkbcQEM

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:44 pm

Supposedly, DePerno (a disaster) and James Craig have expressed interest in the GOP leadership post.

Craig is easily my preferred choice between the two, but the incompetence he exhibited in running his campaign for Governor does worry me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:44 pm
Supposedly, DePerno (a disaster) and James Craig have expressed interest in the GOP leadership post.

Craig is easily my preferred choice between the two, but the incompetence he exhibited in running his campaign for Governor does worry me.
Both are hard passes from me, but Craig is a better choice.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:59 pm

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:

You mean like DeSantis?
He’s a Trump clone. I don’t see how that Trump clone is any different than the 20 Trump clones who just lost. His only saving grace was being in a red state. Had he been here he would have lost by 10 like Tudor. Trumpism or some form thereof is simply not gonna work anymore.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:59 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:

You mean like DeSantis?
He’s a Trump clone. I don’t see how that Trump clone is any different than the 20 Trump clones who just lost. His only saving grace was being in a red state. Had he been here he would have lost by 10 like Tudor. Trumpism or some form thereof is simply not gonna work anymore.
You're wrong as usual. DeSantis won a close election 4 years ago and the people that know him best overwhelmingly reelected him.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:12 am

They re-elected DeSantis, because he's a Trump clone.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:18 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:12 am
They reelected DeSantis because he's competent and he handled covid better than most. Are you suggesting Trump is competent?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:19 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:18 am
TC Talks wrote:
They reelected DeSantis because he's competent and he handled covid better than most. Are you suggesting Trump is competent?
I'm suggesting that Florida is fucking nuts.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
They re-elected him because Florida is like Texas or Wyoming. It’s a deep red state. The surprise would be it being close not him winning by 20. The Democrats came closer last time in a blue wave. Trump isn’t competent and I don’t think DeSantis is much more competent. TC said it correctly… Florida is nuts. DeSantis spends more time focusing on his political enemies and doing things that advance his standing with the base than anything else. He’s a terrible human being. Just like Trump. So when he starts screwing up we’ll be waiting for you on the anti-DeSantis bandwagon just like we had to get Beemer to hop on kicking and screaming. He has little chance to win the White House. Trumpism doesn’t work with or without Trump. If Trump is running DeSantis won’t be the nominee. Gotta kill the guy if you want anybody else.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
They re-elected him because Florida is like Texas or Wyoming. It’s a deep red state. The surprise would be it being close not him winning by 20. The Democrats came closer last time in a blue wave. Trump isn’t competent and I don’t think DeSantis is much more competent. TC said it correctly… Florida is nuts. DeSantis spends more time focusing on his political enemies and doing things that advance his standing with the base than anything else. He’s a terrible human being. Just like Trump. So when he starts screwing up we’ll be waiting for you on the anti-DeSantis bandwagon just like we had to get Beemer to hop on kicking and screaming. He has little chance to win the White House. Trumpism doesn’t work with or without Trump. If Trump is running DeSantis won’t be the nominee. Gotta kill the guy if you want anybody else.
More partisan bullshit from RT. Look no further than how DeSantis masterfully handled the devastating recent hurricane and how Florida weathered covid so much better than most other states.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:20 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
More partisan bullshit from RT. Look no further than how DeSantis masterfully handled the devastating recent hurricane and how Florida weathered covid so much better than most other states.
He handled the hurricane decently I’ll give him that. His covid response… was to ignore its existence and pretend all was well. That plays in Florida. Here he would have been thrown out on his ass.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:52 am

The Hurricane was handled by having a President who doesn't play politics and a Governor who was forced to accept the help.

― Noam Chomsky

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:44 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
.... If Trump is running DeSantis won’t be the nominee ....
I'm going to agree with Rate This.
DeSantis will sit out 2024 if Trump decides to run. I think he sees what a train wreck that will be for the GOP. Best for him to put some distance from that fiasco.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if DeDantis don't even stump for Trump if The Donald gets the nomination. The further he stays away from that mud slinging, the less he gets on him.

He's not that old. 2028 isn't that far off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic