Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:13 pm
dogonyx wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:41 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:57 am
km1125 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:54 am
Boohoo I'm sure we're going to miss your tax dollars. We are not having a revenue problem in the state of Michigan. You're like a Karen telling the manager of a Target that she's taking her business elsewhere. If we get enough of your type to leave, we might actually start attracting the right kinds of citizens.
On the current trajectory, this state will follow Oregon into the abyss.
Oh the horror, we're doomed because some retiree who doesn't generate any income tax wants to leave. Michigan is going Blue.
Argh! This infuriates me!, My husband and I have been retired just shy of two years and I literally just wrote checks totaling $36,700 for income tax. I wish there was a way to allow only the educated (in life, not necessarily school) and responsible to vote.
Well that's quite a first post. You seem... familiar somehow.
I give her a week tops.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

dogonyx

Post by dogonyx » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:36 pm

Nice job not acknowledging that you didn’t know some retirees pay a lot of taxes.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:41 pm

dogonyx wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:36 pm
Nice job not acknowledging that you didn’t know some retirees pay a lot of taxes.
This is very true. Anyone with a decent pension is paying thousands of dollars in taxes. The sticker shock of drawing a pension and social security.

I think it just may be the #1 reason geezers go get a job that's nowhere near difficult. Greeter. Crossing or Security Guard. Something like that. Stand around and laugh and talk. And bank the money to cover April 15th.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:21 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:41 pm
dogonyx wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:36 pm
This is very true. Anyone with a decent pension is paying thousands of dollars in taxes. The sticker shock of drawing a pension and social security.

I think it just may be the #1 reason geezers go get a job that's nowhere near difficult. Greeter. Crossing or Security Guard. Something like that. Stand around and laugh and talk. And bank the money to cover April 15th.
Florida is full of people perfect for the likes of you. Start packing old man. You boomers are the product of all the taxes dollars the greatest generation paid. Now that it's your turn and look at you run away from the greatest nation. Totally worthless bunch of whining conservative victims.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:46 pm

Circle Seven wrote:

My dream retirement job is to be a ranger at a golf course... sit around, get angry at late tee time arrivals, and yell at the ones not using the 90º fairway rule. Oh, and they usually get unlimited free golf! :8)

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:15 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:46 pm
Circle Seven wrote:

My dream retirement job is to be a ranger at a golf course... sit around, get angry at late tee time arrivals, and yell at the ones not using the 90º fairway rule. Oh, and they usually get unlimited free golf! :8)
My late father in law did that job when retired for exactly that reason and absolutely loved it

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:10 am

Excellent opinion piece today from Mr. Finley:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 747653007/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:44 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:10 am

How does that explain why Jack O'Malley lost in our area? He outspent the Democrat candidate 3 to 1 in a traditional red area. He lost as an incumbent to a county commissioner with no scandals.

I can't say that explains Grand Rapids.

I think she doesn't want to admit redistricting has had an impact. I think she is fundraising through guilt.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:44 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

How does that explain why Jack O'Malley lost in our area? He outspent the Democrat candidate 3 to 1 in a traditional red area. He lost as an incumbent to a county commissioner with no scandals.

I can't say that explains Grand Rapids.

I think she doesn't want to admit redistricting has had an impact. I think she is fundraising through guilt.
Good. Some twit would share that asshole’s briefings during 2020 all the time. He was annoying as fuck.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:51 am

The shit pile near the top of the ticket for the GOP probably did him no favors.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:51 am
The shit pile near the top of the ticket for the GOP probably did him no favors.
We won't know for sure until 2024 but I believe that redistricting has had a bigger impact than the Republicans would like to admit. Additionally, a hot voter referendum certainly brought a lot of blue voters out when they normally don't vote. I don't think raising funds was close to being the reason why things turned out the way they did but as a Republican chairman, it's to their advantage to raise more funds. I can't see the logic in calling out DeVos specifically isn't that kind of biting the owner's hand?

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:11 am

Redistricting definitely had an effect. That's why some GOP state party officials and special interest groups wanted to keep it off the ballot in 2018 and why after voters approved redistricting reform overwhelmingly some of those same organizations continued to fight it in court.

There's no question GOP-affiliated groups and the GOP-controlled legislature gerrymandered - or advocated for the gerrymandering of - state house and state senate districts in ways to favor the GOP in 2010.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

Behind a pay wall, as usual, but who cares?

Occasionally, Negative Nolan is on what now passes for local programming on WJR. To me, he sounds like the fired salesman, who's out on a ledge clutching his briefcase. Another sissy Republican who probably loves Mitch McConnell and friends, when he's not depressed.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:07 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:32 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Occasionally, Negative Nolan is on what now passes for local programming on WJR. To me, he sounds like the fired salesman, who's out on a ledge clutching his briefcase. Another sissy Republican who probably loves Mitch McConnell and friends, when he's not depressed.
Please I beg you keep supporting Trump!!!!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:52 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:07 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:32 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Please I beg you keep supporting Trump!!!!!
Here, here!

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic