Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Better lucky than good

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bobbert

Better lucky than good

Post by Bobbert » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:41 am

The pot smokers got Gretchen Whitmer elected in 2018, and the abortion lovers got her re-elected in 2022.

That seems like a fair thing to say.

Rate This

Re: Better lucky than good

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 am

If you’re able to use the mood of the moment to ride to victory that’s not being lucky that’s being politically skilled. That’s the name of the game right there…

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 am

Abortions helped, yes. I also think people didn't want the MAGA radicals in office either. I sure as hell didn't.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:55 am

It has been many, many decades since Michigan has had a single term governor.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:06 am

How women voted is why this year is so remarkable.

Polls only focus on likely voters. It will be interesting to see how many unlikely voters showed up this year.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:10 am

Youth turnout seemed unusually strong as well.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:16 pm

Not to mention her opponent, Dixon, was a crazy Qanon believer, an election denier, and was completely against any form of abortion. She wasn't even going to be in the primary Republican debate, since she didn't have high enough poll numbers.

A bologna sandwich would have beaten her.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:20 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:16 pm
Not to mention her opponent, Dixon, was a crazy Qanon believer, an election denier, and was completely against any form of abortion. She wasn't even going to be in the primary Republican debate, since she didn't have high enough poll numbers.

Dixon pulled 43% for the tens of millions that was spent on her behalf. Bologna isn't THAT good.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:20 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:

Dixon pulled 43% for the tens of millions that was spent on her behalf. Bologna isn't THAT good.
tRumpies will vote for anyone with an "R" next to their names on a ballot... A case in point: Karamo received ~1.9 million votes... What sane person hears her speak about demonic powers, how she tried to kill her family, and her election conspiracy theories and thinks "Yeah! She'd be perfect for the SoS position!"

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:32 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:29 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:20 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:

tRumpies will vote for anyone with an "R" next to their names on a ballot... A case in point: Karamo received ~1.9 million votes... What sane person hears her speak about demonic powers, how she tried to kill her family, and her election conspiracy theories and thinks "Yeah! She'd be perfect for the SoS position!"
There you go again… assuming sanity where it isn’t.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:07 pm

I voted for Whitmer, and I don't love marijuana or abortion.
I just don't do insurrectionist traitors with the IQ of a potato chip.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:41 am
The pot smokers got Gretchen Whitmer elected in 2018, and the abortion lovers got her re-elected in 2022.
That seems like a fair thing to say.
At some point you think the Republican legislature would work with the Democrats to pass reasonable marijuana and abortion legislation. But when you roadblock you get voter referendums.

― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:27 pm

I don't think anyone LIKES abortion.

Look, my wife and I are trying to have a child. We are both pushing 40, so we won't have the same chances as we would at 25.

Twice this year, we have lost pregnancies. The first one happened naturally, but the second one, we didn't know she was miscarrying. She had to go to her doctor to work out options. Obviously, had she not had a DNC, she would have fallen ill and possibly died.

In the event she miscarries again, had prop 3 not passed, those options would not have been on the table. In a perfect world, we would have a successful, healthy pregnancy. But that may not happen. So we need to make sure if the pregnancy isn't successful, she has options.

And, if I'm being frank, it's nobody's fucking business what we have to do. When Tudor Dixon gets my wife pregnant, then she can have a say.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:27 pm
I don't think anyone LIKES abortion.

Look, my wife and I are trying to have a child. We are both pushing 40, so we won't have the same chances as we would at 25.

Twice this year, we have lost pregnancies. The first one happened naturally, but the second one, we didn't know she was miscarrying. She had to go to her doctor to work out options. Obviously, had she not had a DNC, she would have fallen ill and possibly died.

In the event she miscarries again, had prop 3 not passed, those options would not have been on the table. In a perfect world, we would have a successful, healthy pregnancy. But that may not happen. So we need to make sure if the pregnancy isn't successful, she has options.

And, if I'm being frank, it's nobody's fucking business what we have to do. When Tudor Dixon gets my wife pregnant, then she can have a say.
That last part would be quite an interesting trick…

But yeah… it’s nobody else’s business unless they intend to be directly involved in the act of creating the fetus in the first place.

Asking the anti-abortion folks if they want to help would be impolitic most likely but it’s the right question. If they aren’t willing to get involved then they will reflexively say “it’s not my business, I don’t want to know about your sex life ewww” or something since they are often weird about that stuff and then you can say “exactly so butt out”. It should shut them down.

The real problem is for too long we have tried to both sides everything when every argument is not equal.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:27 pm
This is the part I don't get about the free market Republican party. They want government out of everything except a woman's body. That's why it just doesn't seem to fit the rest of their ideology which leans towards libertarianism.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic